• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Registered Links

http://citytalk.hk/community/threads/香港1%人有思覺失調.25/#post-27

This post has trouble too, although there is no link.

It throw this error:
Fatal error: Method XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception in/home4/hkmyhome/public_html/citytalk/community/library/registeredlinks/ViewPublic/registeredlinks.php on line 31

The post source is:
Code:
今天AM730報導

[quote][SIZE=4]現時香港人口中,大概有1%人患有思覺失調,當中每一萬名人口中,就約有5人會發病.一項調查發現,早期思覺失調患者比長期病患者出現忘記服藥及自行停藥的情況更為普遍,但醫生提醒,自行停藥對患者的病情控制及康復的負面影響深遠,當日後再復發時,病情反覆,患者亦可能需要用更長的時間醫治.[/SIZE][/quote]

所謂病向淺中醫,精神病也不例外.可惜精神病比較難及早發現,患者又往往認為自己沒有病.難接受自己患精神病也可能是延醫的原因.

Renove the
Code:
[qote]...[/quote]
tag, it works.

Isert the
Code:
[qote]...[/quote]
, it fails again.

This mod not only listen to tag.

This mod listen to event when a user view a thread or post. But doen't checke whether there is a tag, and insert a $message[message...as this pattern too: [CODE][url="a link"]text[/CODE].

Suggest not to use this mod until the issue addressed.

http://citytalk.hk/community/threads/香港1%人有思覺失調.25/#post-27

This post has trouble too, although there is no link.

It throw this error:

The post source is:
今天AM730報導

現時香港人口中,大概有1%人患有思覺失調,當中每一萬名人口中,就約有5人會發病.一項調查發現,早期思覺失調患者比長期病患者出現忘記服藥及自行停藥的情況更為普遍,但醫生提醒,自行停藥對患者的病情控制及康復的負面影響深遠,當日後再復發時,病情反覆,患者亦可能需要用更長的時間醫治.

所謂病向淺中醫,精神病也不例外.可惜精神病比較難及早發現,患者又往往認為自己沒有病.難接受自己患精神病也可能是延醫的原因.

Do you have this fix installed on that site
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...o-bbcode-formatter-base-php.9218/#post-126429

What is needed is more a spam prevention for links... ie. user under x posts cannot post links using the bbcode url anywhere on the site.

Anthony maybe this is not entirely relevant but are addons like this bad for seo that require registratration preventing to show an entire message content or partially hide like this one ? More specific on the first one a template modification like Hide Posts From Guests

Not a good thing at all imo. I don't see the point. When I go to sites with stupid little restriction trying to get me to register I just leave.

Although I believe that there will be sites that this is definitely useful for, the comment above is exactly what I do when I experience sites with this on them.

What is needed is more a spam prevention for links... ie. user under x posts cannot post links using the bbcode url anywhere on the site.

Is there a way to automatically change the Group of a User ?

ie. if they reach 5 posts, They could be upgraded from a NewlyRegistered User to Registered User ?

Although I believe that there will be sites that this is definitely useful for, the comment above is exactly what I do when I experience sites with this on them.

It's one thing wheather it's pleasant or unpleasant for visitors (which obviously is) or has negative affect on seo. If anyone has profound information that it has please share (:

It's one thing wheather it's pleasant or unpleasant for visitors (which obviously is) or has negative affect on seo. If anyone has profound information that it has please share :)
I agree user can share info and has pleasant using experience is important. I look at page source, the links has rel="nofollow", does this means no neg. effect on seo?

Anthony maybe this is not entirely relevant but are addons like this bad for seo that require registratration preventing to show an entire message content or partially hide like this one ? More specific on the first one a template modification like Hide Posts From Guests
Yes... hiding content or links will cost you users. The only sites that can get away with hiding content, is those who have a foundation of users and traffic already, that sell a membership. Sites that hide content on the premise to get registrations only, ie. no cost, but to get more numbers registered, often backfire, because search engines can't see the content to deliver more traffic to the site, and users don't normally register just to read something, instead they just find it elsewhere... again, unless you are an established, credible source. Hiding content or links from SE's is bad...

Not all websites care about, or care for having links displayed or SEO, I'm thinking for example download/warez forums (yes it's warez I'm from 1990 stop calling everything "a torrrent") etc. One man's you ruin my SEO is anothers this is exactly what I need heh. :D

Not fetch links while not login. The url can be read by human eye but not computer. I think this is a better balance.

Top Bottom