Regarding Buying xenforo license of resources

gginni

Hello,

I want to buy license for xenforo and I was going through licensing details page:-

http://xenforo.com/purchase/

Can anyone clear my below doubts:-

1. Installation Service:- 50 $ - What exactly will you guys give in this installation service?? If I know how to install mybb then can I install this as well?? I guess installation should be straight forward and I don't need this license. Please clear my doubt in case installation requires some extra skills?? What exactly this installation is??

2. XenForo Resource Manager - $60* -

Is this giving interface to users for downloading something?? same like below:-

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/

or this is license for downloading all the add-ons in future from:-

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/

What exactly it is?? If it is first then I guess I don't need it coz I'm not allowing my users to download any thing from my forum?? Please clear my doubt that resource manger is only required for giving interface to my users to download??

3. XenForo Enhanced Search - $50*

Obviously I would like to go for it but can I buy it later when my forum will get bigger in size?? Also tell me when does this enhanced search will be useful in forum means how many minimum posts?? I guess forum having posts below 1 lakh don't need this enhances search as simple search will also be fast enough??

The installation fee is for installing the forum software only.
Installation is simple and takes a few minutes. Most people do it themselves.

The Resource Manager cost is just for the add-on, not the content uploaded here.

Enhanced Search isn't just for large forums but the general rule of thumb is around 1 million posts.

This may be of some help: http://xenforo.com/help/manual/

XenForo's installation is a breeze. If you can install MyBB, I'm sure you can install XenForo.

The resource manager is what runs http://xenforo.com/community/resources/. You install it at your own site and users upload their own resources to it. As a licensed member, you can download resources from here. It'll add $15/yr to your renewal cost.

You can purchase Enhanced Search later. It'll add $15 to your renewal cost per year. I would wait to purchase it until you need it.

Thanks brogan and king for clearing my doubts :).. What is renewal cost BTW for xenforo?? This is not mentioned on product page.. I thought it is one time charges???

And I guess I don't need any add-on .. Need to think about Enhanced search... I guess I should go ahead and buy the license just for 140 dollars... Is there any discount coupon available for buying this license?? :p

I want lil bit more cheaper if possible :p

Updates are $40 for 12 months.

The first 12 months are included in the license cost.

Includes 12 months of ticket support and upgrades. Support and upgrade access can currently be extended for $40 for an additional 12 months (see details). Bulk discounts are also available. (details)

Thanks brogan and king for clearing my doubts :).. What is renewal cost BTW for xenforo?? This is not mentioned on product page.. I thought it is one time charges???

And I guess I don't need any add-on .. Need to think about Enhanced search... I guess I should go ahead and buy the license just for 140 dollars... Is there any discount coupon available for buying this license?? :p

I want lil bit more cheaper if possible :p
License discounts begin when you have more than 3, I believe, and are tiered the more licenses you purchase. (y)

Updates are $40 for 12 months.

The first 12 months are included in the license cost.

Includes 12 months of ticket support and upgrades. Support and upgrade access can currently be extended for $40 for an additional 12 months (see details). Bulk discounts are also available. (details)

So I can buy now for 140 dollars and then I will get 12 months support and free upgrades (if any)

After 12 months, I will be paying another 40 dollars for another 12 months support and free upgrade(if any)

Are there any chances that those 40 dollars will be increased when I will be renewing my license?? And one more thing, let's say I bought a license for 12 months for 140 dollars and then after 12 months I'm using it free without renewing and without any support... I check xenforo and I see there are no upgrades from past 6 months and suddenly an upgrade comes then can I renew license at that time for 40 dollars ?? So I will save my money when there is no upgradation by xenforo

I hope u got my question

No I only want one :p :p... Tell me if xenforo guys know you and can provide you loyal member discount ;) :p .. I would like to buy it for 100 dollars :p..will that be possible :p
Sales aren't currently running. If you'd like it for a discount, you'll need to find someone selling a secondary license. Coming from XenForo, you'll have to purchase one for $140.

Yes, 12 months of updates and support are included.

You can choose whether to renew or not. The price is still $40 even if you take a break.

I can't comment on possible future price changes.

Sales aren't currently running. If you'd like it for a discount, you'll need to find someone selling a secondary license. Coming from XenForo, you'll have to purchase one for $140.

Ohh so sad :( :(.. Will buy it tonight or tomorrow.. Just want to make sure about credits add-on... Do u know anyone who can give license for 100 dollars :P

Yes, 12 months of updates and support are included.

You can choose whether to renew or not. The price is still $40 even if you take a break.

I can't comment on possible future price changes.

Thanks bro for help and your replies :)

Top Bottom