Reducing the number of clicks to deal with spammers

jauburn

Currently I have to deal with two to four spammers a day. They're caught by the software and put into "Moderation," from where I have to click three times for each one to remove them. This gets old fast.

Is there a way to automate the removal of users put into "moderation" this way?

My moderation queue is empty right now so I can't see, but is there a button to run spam cleaner on the entire queue?

I think that would be good enough for most people as it at least would massively reduce the time wasted on these things right now.

Click on the name in the moderation queue and run the spam cleaner.
Are these users caught by the software during registration?

If so, and assuming you have set up the spam cleaner to report your spammers back to StopForumSpam, then I don't think it's right to report users who haven't yet spammed your forum, since that will give the wrong stats at SFS, and in rare cases contribute to global bans of innocent users.

Last edited:
My moderation queue is empty right now so I can't see, but is there a button to run spam cleaner on the entire queue?

I think that would be good enough for most people as it at least would massively reduce the time wasted on these things right now.

That would be nice. My queue is, without exception, always composed of spammers. So a one-click option would save mucho time and clicks.

Top Bottom