Redis

JoyFreak

How does one know it’s enabled? Redis was installed and the code was put into config but how does one know it’s really working ? I installed @Xon redis addon and click on redis info in tools I think and it says redis disabled though it’s in the test.php file

Is this for XF1 or XF2?

What is the XF config you are using to enable redis support? (It varies depending on if this is XF1 or XF2)

Have you confirmed via redis-cli that you have a redis instance that response when you use that config?

I am using XF2 and have the following in my config.php

$config['cache']['enabled'] = true; $config['cache']['provider'] = 'Redis'; $config['cache']['config'] = [ 'host' => '127.0.0.1', 'password' => 'password' ];

With of course the password in place.

And no I haven’t confirmed via redis-cli will look into that further.

My add-on has different configuration requirements. Please post in the relevant thread, and have a look at the FAQ page.

I am more concerned if the Redis cache is working or not for the forums hence my thread. I thought it is disabled because of the "Redis info" saying so under tools.

I only really installed your add-on to check if Redis is working as I thought your add-on will stop the installation if not.

Last edited:
From a shell prompt:

redis-cli

Then type the command:
info memory

The items:
used_memory
used_memory_human

You should see some memory usage on those two items if XF is caching to redis.

Top Bottom