Redirection Scripts for vBulletin 3.x

Redirection Scripts for vBulletin 3.x 12.0

No permission to download

XenForo

Company info
Staff member
XenForo submitted a new resource:

Redirection Scripts for vBulletin 3.x - Redirects for vBulletin 3's showthread.php, forumdisplay.php, etc URLs to XenForo for SEO

If you have imported your vBulletin 3.x database into XenForo, you can automatically redirect all traffic destined for your vBulletin content to its new location within XenForo.

All you need to do is unzip these files and place them in the directory within which the vBulletin files with the corresponding names would be located.

Any requests for the old URLs will be redirected with a 301 permanent redirection header.

Configuration

The included 301config.php file has all of the...

Read more about this resource...

All we've done at this point is ensure that the existing scripts we've written will work post upgrade to XF2.

But primarily they will also serve as an example of how other developers can produce their own redirect scripts, how to interact with the import log system etc. Developers should feel free to use these as a basis for other redirection scripts.

Are there any plans to make it more comprehensive and include forum index, tags, albums, picture, archive, etc?

Not particularly.

As I already explained above, their other purpose is to serve as a basis for other developers to familiarise themselves with how redirects can/should work and release their own versions.

Yes, good point Chris!

I had Photopost Pro and vb album redirection scripts made twice. The first developer did not deliver a working script. Unfortunately the second developer delivered redirection scripts with significant bugs: 3 essential types of redirections do not work. Neither developers are available for XenForo anymore. When I find a new developer I will have the XF1 project done for the third time. After which it will be available to those who want to pick up part of the tab.

The way this project went is unfortunately not an exotic case, but rather symptomatic. Which I why its highly appreciated when the xenforo team makes scripts like these available.

I get an error like this in archive files

/archive/

Code:
Warning: require(/home/test/public_html/archive/src/XF.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/test/public_html/archive/index.php on line 9

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/test/public_html/archive/src/XF.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/test/public_html/archive/index.php on line 9

I get an error like this in archive files

/archive/

Code:
Warning: require(/home/test/public_html/archive/src/XF.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/test/public_html/archive/index.php on line 9

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/test/public_html/archive/src/XF.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/test/public_html/archive/index.php on line 9
Try the new update and let us know how you get on.

Top Bottom