1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

redirection help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Nasr, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

Is there another way to redirect vbulletin threads to xenforo on a new host. I only imported the database to the new host and would like to know how would I go about doing the redirection if I dont have my vb files on the new server?

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Just set up the redirects on your new host? You only need the 6 files... not the whole vb install

Nasr and Jake Bunce like this.
  3. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

do you mean i just need the files found witb the redirect script? or do i need some vb files as well?

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Correct.

5. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

I uploaded the files and changed the archived table log but evrrything redirects to main page

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If the redirect script can't match the id then it will redirect to the index. This could be the result of an incorrect log table name in the 301config.php file. Confirm the name of the import_log table in your database.

7. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help
    I have changed the 301config.php to the correct variables. However, it stills redirects to index. I looked in server errors and got these

Mysqli prepare error: Table '*****_xenforo.archived_import_log_x' doesn't exist

Yet the line in 301config.php is this
    define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'archived_import_log');

8. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

I found the issue. It was my homepage URL. It had index.php when it shouldnt have. Thanks

Jake Bunce likes this.