1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Redirect subdomain to subdirectory on new server

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by LPH, Aug 24, 2013.

1. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

I need to redirect all of the search engine traffic from community.tuxreportsnetwork.com to www.tuxreports.com/community. Most of the redirects found via search are for subdomain to subdirectory using the same domain.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

This is what I have in the .htaccess right now.

Code:
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^community\.tuxreportsnetwork\.com
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.tuxreports.com/community/$1 [R=301]

But this only redirects to the root of the XenForo install.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  2. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Sorry to bump - but does anyone have any ideas? The .htaccess redirect in OP does not work because it does not take the redirect to the particular thread.

@Jake Bunce - do you have any suggestions?

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It looks correct to me. I might change [R=301] to [R=301,L] to ensure the execution of that rule is the last one to execute.

Otherwise please provide specific examples of old to new URLs so I can confirm your rules.

4. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

5. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Well this sucks. While trying to handle the stupid bot doing brute force on the site ... I get the email from Google Webmaster Tools stating "Googlebot can't access your site" message that I was anticipating.

Googlebot has recorded several thousand attempts to go to community.tuxreportsnetwork.com and cannot ... :(