Reddit Chat and native apps

Aaaand now they have events built in.

Video

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I remember my reply in the thread "XF 2.0 discussion" (it spanned 150+ pages) which was closed half a year ago.

I remember answering people in general when asked "okay, what does XF miss" and I remember saying "calendar/events". The funny part was that one user quoted me telling me that events/calendar makes only sense for social media platforms but not for discussion platforms :D.

Now half a year later the biggest forum on this planet introduces officially events as it seems (it was already kind of available in multiple subreddits before anyway).

It was also back then when it was confirmed that 2.1 was on the way. Half a year later I am very curious about the direction XF will go. We all got over the "feature parity" situation and I really hope we will see big changes with 2.1. Maybe not events/calendar but multiple big stuff on that level. Some kind of meaningful progress would be great.

Reddit is known for those discussions. I'm not entirely sure the reasons they want chat.
The answer is simple. You're keeping people on your site.

I love xenForo but if a competitor makes a stable native chat (one on one and group) & forum app with push notifications, I'd seriously consider switching software for one of my large forums even though I'd hate leaving xenForo, but I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon tbh.

I hope Reddit adds group chat (if not already in the beta) and a friend list to their app.

I'm uncertain what you mean with this.
At a simple level, forums need to add more content vehicles beyond unthreaded threads.

Xenforo threads and the information they contain do not get better over time they worsen becoming too long to read.

Good info gets lost. and search in forums is horrible.

and nothing has changed since vB3.

Top Bottom