Browser issue redactor: end of line space issue - merging words

Rob

I have had this happen a few times now and iI can reproduce it here on xf.com

I'm using android but it may affect other platforms.

To reproduce (on android) just start typing in the editor. If the last word on a line ends EXACTLY at the end then hitting space (to type next word) doesn't do anything so the word merges into the next one.

Do you think you could screen grab what you see in the editor when it happens and what is being posted?

I shall endeavour to do that when I reproduce it. Its happened three times now but can I make it do it on demand? Grrrrrr

I imagine this is going to simply be an Android issue though. Android keyboards basically don't trigger any keyboard events in JS so it's not even something we can handle (unless there's something in the HTML being submitted but I'd need to reproduce it to check that).

Gotcha. Will give more info and screens ifiI can.

Just writing that again to take screenshot. It has additionally inserted an extra 'I' in addition to leaving behind the lowercase i .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-01-17-19-46.webp
    Screenshot_2013-08-01-17-19-46.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 6
That's an issue with the keyboard correction/auto-complete stuff. FWIW, I have seen some oddities with SwiftKey but definitely nothing we can do about that - no events or even any indication that something has changed.

OK... Well I'm glad at least it is confirmed,browser bug or not.

#trundles off with sanity intact

Top Bottom