XF 1.5 Recurring payments always skipping, really confusing why?

Cyb3r

I never get a successfully recurring payment to happen, paypal always notices me that the payment got skipped for unknown reason.

Also there's a couple errors I don't understand like "Unknown Upgrade" && "Unknown Account" which happened almost to every upgrade, is this normal?

zXq9148.png

If not then how can I debug this?

I have maybe 2 additional add-ons integrated with account upgrades, do you think it might be the cause?

An upgrade and account will only be shown for successful payments.

There are a lot of "invalid business or receiver_email" errors in there. Those are actual errors. You need to add the payment email listed in those (look at the details for "business" or "receiver_email") and add those as alternate PayPal email addresses.

An upgrade and account will only be shown for successful payments.

There are a lot of "invalid business or receiver_email" errors in there. Those are actual errors. You need to add the payment email listed in those (look at the details for "business" or "receiver_email") and add those as alternate PayPal email addresses.

Now I see, so if paypal failed to get the first address it will try the alternatives right?

I also checked all those error with "invalid business or receiver_email" and they have "reason_code" always return "chargeback_settlement" what does that mean?

Last edited:
Now I see, so if paypal failed to get the first address he will try the alternatives right?
No. We just verify that the payment came into the account you entered. If you have multiple aliases for the account, this verification may fail. Alternatively, if you've changed the value, old payments won't work any longer so you need to leave the old value in as an alternate address.

Anything explicitly listed as "error" in the log isn't expected, so it's worth looking into why it happened. Informational records can generally be disregarded.

I also checked all those error with "invalid business or receiver_email" and they have "reason_code" always return "chargeback_settlement" what does that mean?
That'll be chargeback related, likely reflecting the fee you were charged: Why does PayPal charge a fee when I receive a chargeback?

No. We just verify that the payment came into the account you entered. If you have multiple aliases for the account, this verification may fail. Alternatively, if you've changed the value, old payments won't work any longer so you need to leave the old value in as an alternate address.

Anything explicitly listed as "error" in the log isn't expected, so it's worth looking into why it happened. Informational records can generally be disregarded.

That'll be chargeback related, likely reflecting the fee you were charged: Why does PayPal charge a fee when I receive a chargeback?

So with "Unknown Upgrade" and "Unknown Account" information member's can get upgraded?

I got some complaints from members that does not get the upgrade automatically after paying for some reason, I had to upgrade them manually, any idea why?

Please excuse my ignorance.

So with "Unknown Upgrade" and "Unknown Account" information member's can get upgraded?
No. I'm just saying that seeing that is not itself cause for concern.

If you're getting reports of upgrades not happening, checking the log for errors and resolving them would be the first step. We have identified errors in the log which would block the upgrade from going through if they relate to payments (you said they related to chargebacks).

If that isn't the issue, then ideally you'll want to have a look at PayPal's IPN log to determine if all of their IPN callbacks are reaching you.

No. I'm just saying that seeing that is not itself cause for concern.

If you're getting reports of upgrades not happening, checking the log for errors and resolving them would be the first step. We have identified errors in the log which would block the upgrade from going through if they relate to payments (you said they related to chargebacks).

If that isn't the issue, then ideally you'll want to have a look at PayPal's IPN log to determine if all of their IPN callbacks are reaching you.

Thanks @Mike I will try to do that, I just enable notifications call back, I didn't fine anything useful in paypal though.

Lets see if I can trace this issue next time. ;)

Top Bottom