XF 2.0 Recreating the root style

limboclub

Over the last... 6 years? ... somewhere along the way the default raw Xf style has been lost on our forum. It just won't show up in our styles menu after upgrading to v2.0.

How do we recreate the base style?

Just create a new style with no parent? I've tried this but Advertising changes still seem to disappear up into a hidden root style that I don't have access to.

Yes, this is all you need to do to recreate the default style.

Your ad changes, if you applied directly to your other style you'd need to re-apply them to the new style. Unless I'm not understanding what you're after.
Cool.

No I am making changes in the Advertising system.

These changes don't go live. Then I get an AdminCP message that I have outdated templates. This outdated template turns out to be _ads. When I merge the _ads template, the Advertisements changes appear in the _ads template.

So, somewhere above the new default style there seems to be some sort of super-default-style that is changed when Advertisments are added or edited.

I'm hacking away at it, but if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Instead of merging, just revert those _ads templates, this way they'll inherit the changes automatically from the ad system.

(of course backup the template before you revert just in case :) )

snap!

I just reverted the _ads template (there's only one now it seems: all others were vapourised without warning on upgrade to 2.0).

Thanks for your help. It has made the move to v2.0 a bit better: It is now like pulling fingernails instead of pulling teeth.

Top Bottom