Not a bug  Recount not working

TheLaw

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. My forum has 3 members and 1 post. I deleted 2 members and one post. The count has remained the same despite using the tools to rebuild anything and everything I can. Perhaps this was fixed? I'm using 1.0b5 and will need to update shortly.

I don't know with any certainty, but many things have changed since B5. Things that could easily have been what your issue is.

Perhaps someone can try it. I can say for certain that with b5, after deleting all the other users and posts the post count, user count and last user to join still remain. I'll update my forum and see what happens. Figured I'd mention it if this wasn't on the list yet and is still an issue.

My guess would be that something weird is still going on with rc2. At least 2 of my members have their post count 1 more than they should be, which, for us, is actually a big deal. I was going to ask about that tomorrow.

edit: I meant rc2, we have not yet upgraded to rc3. That will be done tomorrow.

The global post/user count is updated via a cron entry (Rebuild Board Totals Counter) every 10 minutes. If you look now (after 2 refreshes just in case), it should be updated.

The global post/user count is updated via a cron entry (Rebuild Board Totals Counter) every 10 minutes. If you look now (after 2 refreshes just in case), it should be updated.
I was guessing that this was going to happen -- however, isn't it expected that one can run what the cron does manually? I guess if it's every 10 minutes nobody should care much but I figured that there would be a way. If anything, I'd expect a note.

Top Bottom