1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend Banning these Spammers IP's!!

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Kent55, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Kent55

Kent55 Active Member

Highly recommend banning these spammers IPs! All of them got through reCAPTCHA!!!:mad:
    Insy and vVv like this.
  2. Kent55

Kent55 Active Member

Your welcome! They caused me a lot of trouble!!! Don't want the same to happen to anyone else!
    vVv likes this.
  3. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Ban reCAPTCHA instead.
    Kent55, Adam Howard and Steve F like this.
  4. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Always nice to add something else to the growing list of spam
  5. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

You can ban this one too:
    Kent55 likes this.
  6. Kent55

Kent55 Active Member

7. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Go to the resource section and install KeyCapthca instead. I've had not a single automated spammer since installing this, and less than 5 in total over the past month via manual. It is the single most essential tool in beating spammers. You simply cannot get through it any way except manually. That means the spammer has to then login, not use an automated bot they have surfing the web via anonymous IP's, switching them out as banned.
  8. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

reCAPTCHA has been broken by spammers long time ago. reCAPTCHA images are getting more and more annoying and spammers are probably the only ones who can actually read that mess.

Don't use it. Use Q&A or KeyCaptcha instead.
  9. Pipelin

Pipelin Member

I just removed reCAPTCHA and added Q&A related to my forum. 0 spammers.
  10. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

11. FabioCesar

FabioCesar Member