• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

RecentStatus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly at a loss as to what could be causing that. Assuming you uploaded the files first there's no reason you should get that. I'll have a new version out soon and I'll have you try that.

Screenshots coming soon, but the update and instructions are in the first post:

Updated to version 4.0.0

Changelog:
  • Entries are cached, it only rebuilds the cache when a new status or comment is created
  • Styling changes implemented from suggestions in the thread
  • Re positioned the Status update so that it flows with the widget better
  • Cached all templates to reduce db calls
  • Corrected issues with file paths
  • All text is phrased now
  • Fully compatible with XF 1.1.0 beta 2
I know this update has been a long time coming but I hope it's worth it, the number of database calls on page reloads has been reduced by 6, the caching should in the long run help a lot on this.

IF YOU ARE UPGRADING:
You must first uninstall the RecentStatus addon and delete the RecentStatus folder from within your library.

TO INSTALL:
Download RCBDRecentStatus_4_0_0.zip from the first post, upload the upload directory to your forum root, then go to ACP->Install Addon->Choose File->Select the xml file from the download and click Install

Coming in version 4.1.0:
  • Ajax updating of the sidebar, I had a problem with this and didn't want to hold up the release, I'm close though
  • Position the sidebar block at the top or bottom
  • Choose location of the status update portion

Did anyone install this successfully? It isn't working for me.... Also, fyi, in the options menu after install it displays as "option_RCBDRecentStatusOnePerUser" etc

Did anyone install this successfully? It isn't working for me.... Also, fyi, in the options menu after install it displays as "option_RCBDRecentStatusOnePerUser" etc
What version of XF are you running, I've tried the uninstall and reinstall as well as a fresh install on 1.0.4 and 1.1.0 beta 2 and I can't repeat this behavior. I know someone posted about a similar problem with another addon with 1.1.0 beta 1.

What version of XF are you running, I've tried the uninstall and reinstall as well as a fresh install on 1.0.4 and 1.1.0 beta 2 and I can't repeat this behavior. I know someone posted about a similar problem with another addon with 1.1.0 beta 1.

I'm rocking the latest version :D

I just disabled all my mods and this time see a "Please enter a valid callback method." But then it lists it as being installed....only it's not in the options menu :confused:
You got that error while you were installing it?

Check and make sure you uploaded all the files It should look like this:

Screen Shot 2011-10-10 at 3.54.44 PM.webp

That is how it should look under your library folder.

There is. If I say "****" (starts with f, ends in uck) in a post or in a status update (viewed on the profile), it will be censored. XenForo has some of that stuff built-in already.

But good work on caching the status updates. That was a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom