******* - Recent Threads Sidebar [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Recent Threads Sidebar [1.2x] - It will display most recent threads in sidebar

This mod will add the most recent threads of your forum to the sidebar. Invisible threads and threads started by banned members will not show up. Also the group/groups that does/have not permissions to view a forum, will not be able to see the threads from the forum/forums that they are not allowed to view.

You can also choose a forum and/or forums to exlude its/their threads from showing up at the sidebar. To choose more that one forum, separate their ids with commas(,).

Note: Do not use...

Read more about this resource...

How does this work for big boards? I've used some poorly coded similar mods in the past and had to remove them immediately bc it caused 10 sec extra load times.

How does this work for big boards? I've used some poorly coded similar mods in the past and had to remove them immediately bc it caused 10 sec extra load times.

How big is your forum? From what I can recall the biggest forum I have tried the 1.1x version of this mod on was round 100.000 posts and we did not see any significant performance issues.

That is quite a big forum. I can not say if my mod will cause any performance issue at your forum as I have never tried it on a forum that big.
I'll think about trying this out when we upgrade. If it causes issues would you be willing to refund?

I'll think about trying this out when we upgrade. If it causes issues would you be willing to refund?

You should note that with a forum that big any such mod like mine that adds a query it is bound to have some impact on the performance. But if it causes serious issues like you mentioned above that you had with other mods, then sure I will refund your money back.

@borbole, before I buy this I need to know if this has a read/unread indicator like the Recent Threads block from XenPorta. The Recent Threads widget from Widget Framework currently doesn't have a read/unread indicator.

Second, I have seen recent threads widgets/sections with duplicated threads. Like, if you have set to display only the 5 recent threads and then somebody posts 5 new posts in thread X, then the widget shows 5 links to the same thread. I don't want this. I want it that only one link from a thread is displayed in the widget no matter if the 5 recent posts all come from this thread. Basically I want the XenPorta Recent Threads block as a stand-alone add-on. Can your add-on do this?

@borbole, before I buy this I need to know if this has a read/unread indicator like the Recent Threads block from XenPorta. The Recent Threads widget from Widget Framework currently doesn't have a read/unread indicator.

Second, I have seen recent threads widgets/sections with duplicated threads. Like, if you have set to display only the 5 recent threads and then somebody posts 5 new posts in thread X, then the widget shows 5 links to the same thread. I don't want this. I want it that only one link from a thread is displayed in the widget no matter if the 5 recent posts all come from this thread. Basically I want the XenPorta Recent Threads block as a stand-alone add-on. Can your add-on do this?

For the first part of your question, it does not have a a read/unread indicator.

Regarding the second part of your question, it will display only a link for a new thread and not for the replies inside the threads. i.e. only one link from a thread is displayed/shown.

Regarding the second part of your question, it will display only a link for a new thread and not for the replies inside the threads. i.e. only one link from a thread is displayed/shown.
Can you add a read/unread indicator?

would buy if supported widget framework

also i noticed that this addon comes in a forum index version, if it was a xenporta addon then people would be able to choose between both orientations which i think would make the addon more appealing

i am interested in this addon and the one for recent posts if it had easier management and integration with widgetframework

would buy if supported widget framework

also i noticed that this addon comes in a forum index version, if it was a xenporta addon then people would be able to choose between both orientations which i think would make the addon more appealing

i am interested in this addon and the one for recent posts if it had easier management and integration with widgetframework

Thank you for your suggestions. Personally I make the mods to be fully compatible with a vanilla version of xenforo and not with third party mods. In the past I have made a couple of other mods of mine to work with other mods and I had nothing but grief from the people that bought them. Anytime that that other mod threw errors, mind you nothing to do with my mod, they demanded that I fixed those errors too. And since then I stay clear with integrating my mods with other mods. I can do that as a custom work for an extra fee if someone wants it but I will not be releasing it as such in the RM.

Hi, I have purchased this addon. I noticed that the Recent Thread Sidebar is not refreshed correctly!!! In my website's home page I use the widget Recent Thread of XenPorta and works but in forum section I use your Recent Thread Sidebar addon and doesn't works correctly. I have attached the two images captured at the same time: 1: XenPorta Recent Thread Sidebar Widget and 2: borbole Recent Thread Sidebar addon, the two images show the differences: the borbole Recent Thread Sidebar addon is not refreshed correctly, there are threads of yesterday!!

I have 2 questions:
1) How can I solve this problem?
2) How can I add your sidebar also in the thread pages?

XenPorta Recent Thread Sidebar Widget (refreshed correctly)
XenPortaHome.webp

Borbol Recent Threads Sidebar addon (not refreshed correctly)
RecentThreadSidebar.webp

Hi borbole,

Can the same thing be done with the Widget Framework as a free add on?

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom