******* - Recent Threads Sidebar [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This plugin works great, however if you try to include it in the sidebar on thread list and view and it doesn't show up. This is included by using "<xen:include template="borbole_recent_threads_sidebar" /> in the respective templates.

You had mentioned some additional programming would be required to do this, can you provide some pointers as to what would be needed to get it to work in sidebars on other pages? I can do the programming, just not sure what is missing the that plugin needs on these other pages...

the home page indicates it is only compatible with 1.2, but then again on the same page it reads that it is compatible with both 1.2 and 1.3.

Can someone shed some light on whether this works with XF's newest version?

Thanks!

This plugin works great, however if you try to include it in the sidebar on thread list and view and it doesn't show up. This is included by using "<xen:include template="borbole_recent_threads_sidebar" /> in the respective templates.

You had mentioned some additional programming would be required to do this, can you provide some pointers as to what would be needed to get it to work in sidebars on other pages? I can do the programming, just not sure what is missing the that plugin needs on these other pages...

You will have to create your own class and extend the XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread class to show it in the threads view for example. Also include the template between <xen:sidebar>....</xen:sidebar> tags.

the home page indicates it is only compatible with 1.2, but then again on the same page it reads that it is compatible with both 1.2 and 1.3.

Can someone shed some light on whether this works with XF's newest version?

Thanks!

It works with xenforo 1.3.x as well.

Thank you, will give it s shot.

I do have another question, that I will post here first before I go searching around for it...

If I wanted to have a recent articles or blogs block in my sidebar as well, say from a wordpress or other site, and have that show up on the forum page is anyone aware of a mod to do this? I believe I saw one that will allow me to have my latest post or thread from the forum on my blog page, but I am looking for the reverse as well.

Anyways, very much appreciate everyone's help! Thanks!

Hi, can I restrict the sidebar to only show the most recent posts from a specific category on my forum. Also could I then perhaps change the title from 'Recent Posts' to 'Recent ....... Project Posts'?

Hi, can I restrict the sidebar to only show the most recent posts from a specific category on my forum. Also could I then perhaps change the title from 'Recent Posts' to 'Recent ....... Project Posts'?

In the current version you can exclude forums from showing its thread but I can modify it so you can choose forums from where to display the recent threads.

Yes, you can change that part easily by editing the appropriate phrase.

That would be great. I would definetly require that the add-on takes the recent posts from a certain category so how might this be modified?

Hi Borbole, any news on this? I've tried to pay for this add-on via the link which starts a conversation with you. Yet to get a reply though. :)

Thank you for pointing this out. I was attracted to the ease in which I could implement exactly the feature I required simply by using Borbole's modified add-on and felt that €6 was a fair amount to invest to acquire such a feature.

How easy would it be to implement what I require using the 'Wiget Framework' add-on system? I will have to peruse that avenue if I cannot continue with Borbole's add-on. It is likely he is just busy at the moment but will need to look at an alternative soon though.

Thank you for your help. :)

Last edited:
Thank you for pointing this out. I was attracted to the ease in which I could implement exactly the feature I required simply by using Borbole's modified add-on and felt that €6 was a fair amount to invest to acquire such a feature.

How easy would it be to implement what I require using the 'Wiget Framework' add-on system? I will have to peruse that avenue if I cannot continue with Borbole's add-on. It is likely he is just busy at the moment but will need to look at an alternative soon though.

Thank you for your help. :)

Very easy. Just look at the reviews within the add on. :) Why not use something that is free and allows you to add more than one type of block.

image.webp

Thank you, in the interest of fairness I'll continue this discussion in the section for the 'Widget Framework' here. :)

Last edited:
Hi Borbole, any news on this? I've tried to pay for this add-on via the link which starts a conversation with you. Yet to get a reply though. :)

Hi,

I am sorry for the lack of reply but I had missed your pm. I did not notice it until just now.

Hi Borbole, could you reply to the PM with instructions on how to pay for the modified version of the add-on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom