Recent Posts [Deleted]

I'm having an issue where sidebars double up. For example, my staff online and members online box repeat themselves after I set Recent Posts to 4. Help?
While ago I had the same problem.
Uninstall all of your add-ons related to Sidebar Positions (for example Recent Posts).
Delete manually all folders.
Then install manually all again.

Hello Andy,

is it possible to add a new setting?

"Enter the Forum ID's you wish to show for forum language x"

For sites which have multiple languages, it would be great only to show those recent threads from only that selected nodes.

So if someone surfes the site with language A, it will only show all recent threads from selected Forum ID's (and exclude all others).
When someone switches to language B (using language B), it will then show recent threads from its selected Forum ID's.

At the moment your add-on is built to show all nodes and then we can select nodes to exclude. Just now same method but with 1 extra condition:

The options could look like this:

"Enter language ID" - "Exclude nodes by selecting Forum ID"
--->
1 - 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17,
2 - 1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14,

So language 1 would show threads from all nodes except from 4, 5, 6 ...
And language 2 would show threads from all nodes except from 1, 2, 3 ...

I was searching for something to add to the sidebar and I found nothing, until I went to your resources page and I saw this and your New Posts add ons.
That's why I would rename them to Sidebar Recent Posts, Sidebar New Posts, etc, just a suggestion. :)

Get better! (y)

Hi Andy, hope you're getting better quick... !

I'm having an issue with the addon, in that the avatars don't show correctly - they are squished on both sides. How could I fix this?

Take care, be well as soon as possible...

Andre

Is there anyway to show the Author of the last post and the date and time?
recent threads.webp

If not do you know if you can mismatch add\ons? I like all your others but users are requesting something like the Recent Threads.

And a second question, please:
Is it possible to have this displayed not only on "forum_list" but on "all" ? (thread_list, CTA Featured threads, ..).
I was using Widget Framework before, and it's the way it was working.
Thank you in advance.

Is there a version of this for 1.5? I don't see it listed when it's installed with sidebar positions 2.7

The general options are there, but it's not a possible selection within the sidebar positions options.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.

As of XenForo v1.5x, the New Posts in the sidebar does basically the same thing this add-on did.

Last edited:
Top Bottom