• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

"Recent Activity" on forum homepage.

JVCode

Howdy, I've been trying for donkeys to get the "recent activity" bar to show on my forum homepage for all users, simply click the Show news feed bar and it'll scroll down all the recent activity on the forum as it does in the recent activity page. Can anyone help me out with this little modification.

Cheers me dears.

This is probably not really what you want.... but here is something that another member did that I read today, and since I tried it out, I will pass it along in case there is any interest.

set this as the home page in your admincp. Then when anyone clicks on Home tab it will display Recent Activity.
http://yoursite.com/community/recent-activity/

Thanks for the reply Dean, but I'm wanting to show the forum list. I'm wanting latest 10 most recent actions displayed at top of the forum with a "show more" link for an jquery call to display another 10 items. I'll try do a mock up.

Not sure if is this what you want, but try this:

On template: navigation

Find:
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}</a></li>

Add below:
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link recent-activity}">{xen:phrase recent_activity}</a></li>

I just testing something and although it didn't work, it was close.. Maybe others can fill in why it's not working.

If you copy the contents from the news_feed_page_global template and post that at the top of the forum_list template you will see the 'makings' of the recent activity feed... only it don't populate with the data from the feed. But, if you click the show older items that is there, and is normally at the bottom of the populated feed, then your feed will appear with the correct data..

So, if someone could figure out why it isn't automatically populating the data/feed then you would be all set. :) Sorry I don't know more about how this script works...

Jamie

So, if someone could figure out why it isn't automatically populating the data/feed then you would be all set.

A template can only work if there is data available to it for use.

In your case, the online statistics are not present in that location. You'll need to create an addon to fetch the actual statistics data and push it to the "PAGE_CONTAINER" (or any other custom template of your choice).

Top Bottom