As designed Recent activity inconsistent line break.

Alpha1

On /recent-activity/ there is a line break for entries that state 'member has posted a new thread'. This is inconsistent with other listings and thereby adds superfluous vertical space.
Recent Activity   XenForo Community.webp
All other types of entries do not have a line break.

Its a small issue, but it would be nice to have it fixed, as it causes issues in my modification.

I can see your point, though this was done intentionally (since 1.0 and this is the first comment I've seen about it). It can help draw attention to a new thread, which is a more significant event than a reply, like, etc.

If it's causing issues with your modification, it may be in your interests to change it for your specific use case.

I can see your point, though this was done intentionally (since 1.0 and this is the first comment I've seen about it). It can help draw attention to a new thread, which is a more significant event than a reply, like, etc.

If it's causing issues with your modification, it may be in your interests to change it for your specific use case.
this is very annoying and we edited it to get it fixed, very surprised xenforo intended for this to work like that.

Ugly design imo

It can help draw attention to a new thread, which is a more significant event than a reply, like, etc.
I don't think it draws attention. Even though it was intended is comes across as a bug.

IMHO a new thread is only more significant than a reply if there have been no replies. A new thread with loads of replies will fill up the recent activity feed and in such case only the last entry is significant. The rest is redundant IMHO.

I am tweaking the layout of newsfeed / recent-activity to make it less chaotic and this was one of many miniscule things I noticed.

Top Bottom