Not a bug Received alert for thread creation in forum that I do not watch

ManOnDaMoon

As per title:
Sans titre.webp

I do not recall following the Bug Reports forum, only Official Forums. And I only got an alert for this particular thread.

Nope, why would that be?

Thread is created --> You get an alert --> Mike moves it --> Alert links to the thread, thread is in different forum but the alert can't know that.

Not quite. That's how it should work for threads (and it does) but not sure it makes sense for it to work like that for forums.

You're watching a forum as it relates to something specific. If a thread doesn't belong in that forum (i.e. it gets moved), it's a safe assumption that it's NOT something you're interested in as it doesn't belong there.

To clarify: the post was made in an existing thread in one forum, I split it off as a new thread to another forum, Mike moved it to the bugs forum.

To clarify: the post was made in an existing thread in one forum, I split it off as a new thread to another forum, Mike moved it to the bugs forum.

Was the second forum or the bug forum being watched? If not, then the behaviour doesn't seem to make sense. If the other 2 forums were being watched then fair enough.

The alert would've been received for the initial post, in the initial thread.

But that's not what the alert says... It says he started a thread, not that he posted a reply. If it had been moved to an unwatched forum, shouldn't the assumption be that as the target forum isn't being watched, then the post is not of interest?

The alert text reflects the current state. He would've gotten the alert in 1.1 as well, though with different text because we didn't distinguish between an alert for the first post.

The problem is that once the alert is sent, it's essentially impossible to figure out if it was "correct" when the state changes.

The alert text reflects the current state. He would've gotten the alert in 1.1 as well, though with different text because we didn't distinguish between an alert for the first post.

The problem is that once the alert is sent, it's essentially impossible to figure out if it was "correct" when the state changes.

Fair enough

Top Bottom