"Receive Site Mailings"

Smooth

Silly q of the day time - if this is unchecked in privacy settings, will it stop all site emails ie notifications to subscriptions and convos as well as admin newsletters etc?

Thanks!

Ah scrub that - it was the one in ACP for the user I was looking at - and I think that just relates to emails from admin.

Is there any way to check a users settings for whether they receive an email on new convos etc?

with which SQL command I can change this for all users to yes? I switches forums and I need to get all user aware of this and to check their settings in their new user profiles...

with which SQL command I can change this for all users to yes? I switches forums and I need to get all user aware of this and to check their settings in their new user profiles...

It doesn't really matter. You can choose to ignore that preference when sending out mass emails:

Admin CP -> Users -> Email Users

There is a checkbox to ignore the preference.

that is good, thanks.

is there also a way to limit the amount of emails per hour (.i.e. maximaum 1000 emails per hour) which xenforo sends out over an smtp address in an admin mailing?

that is good, thanks.

is there also a way to limit the amount of emails per hour (.i.e. maximaum 1000 emails per hour) which xenforo sends out over an smtp address in an admin mailing?

There is no such throttle in XenForo. You would have to use a mass mailing service if you are exceeding limits of your current mail host.

FYI

I just tested it on one installation. XF sends around 10 emails per second. In batches of 100 each time (shows at least like that in ACP while counting). 14.000 users in around 22 minutes.

Top Bottom