Receive notif when followed people post

Weppa333

Unless I did something wrong in my install , users are not notified when people they are "fan of" post or create new threads.
It seems my members expect this from the "fan" system, and I tend to agree.

I looked at the ressource manager and there does not seem to be a mod for that, and in fact I'm starting to wonder if my install works properly :)

Is this a stock feature ? Is it not ? Anyone heard of a mod to do that ?
What would be nice is a drop down menu in the user CP, "no notif from fans, notif when followed people post, and notif when they create a thread"

(Can be moved into suggestions if this is not a feature)

Yes Mike, but it's the facebook effect : it seems to me that people consider the little red icon as a very important indicator, basically if there is nothing in the "red notification", they move away to another forum. Having something in "red" is a second click.

If I were you, I'd probably make it "default" that new threads of followed members create a notification, of course this could be disabled. And maybe, add as an unchecked option in the user ACP, that new posts create notifs as well (because this may turn out to be a bit spammy on larger installs - I woudln't turn this on myself.)

If I were you, I'd probably make it "default" that new threads of followed members create a notification, of course this could be disabled. And maybe, add as an unchecked option in the user ACP, that new posts create notifs as well (because this may turn out to be a bit spammy on larger installs - I woudln't turn this on myself.)

OMG, no! Should be an opt in, not opt out.

Top Bottom