1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Receive notif when followed people post

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Weppa333, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Weppa333

Weppa333 Active Member

Unless I did something wrong in my install , users are not notified when people they are "fan of" post or create new threads.
    It seems my members expect this from the "fan" system, and I tend to agree.

I looked at the ressource manager and there does not seem to be a mod for that, and in fact I'm starting to wonder if my install works properly :)

Is this a stock feature ? Is it not ? Anyone heard of a mod to do that ?
    What would be nice is a drop down menu in the user CP, "no notif from fans, notif when followed people post, and notif when they create a thread"

(Can be moved into suggestions if this is not a feature)
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This functionality is not available.
    A suggestion has already been made for it if I'm not mistaken.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Though that really is the main idea behind the news feed...
  4. Weppa333

Weppa333 Active Member

Yes Mike, but it's the facebook effect : it seems to me that people consider the little red icon as a very important indicator, basically if there is nothing in the "red notification", they move away to another forum. Having something in "red" is a second click.

If I were you, I'd probably make it "default" that new threads of followed members create a notification, of course this could be disabled. And maybe, add as an unchecked option in the user ACP, that new posts create notifs as well (because this may turn out to be a bit spammy on larger installs - I woudln't turn this on myself.)
  5. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

OMG, no! Should be an opt in, not opt out.