Rebuilding Permissions - Takes 3 hours

Tris10

General Question, Every time Xenforo rebuilds permissions, it takes over 3+ hours. This is especially noticed when i have to shutdown the forums to upgrade

Screen http://i.imgur.com/CZ7OoMX.png?1

Is there anything we can do to fix/improve this? I believe this is mostly because of our number of usergroups and forums

UserGroups : 144
Forums: 219

We actually had a lot more and deleted a bunch so our index ID's are high, is that the issue?

I think having that many groups can place some strain on the server. What kind of forums do you have that you need that many groups?

I'd recommend running the permission combination cleanup tools under rebuild caches. That may help clean up combinations that aren't in use because you changed your structure.

I think having that many groups can place some strain on the server. What kind of forums do you have that you need that many groups?

So we run big online gaming leagues.

For example one league we run has around 3,000 members and is a giant hockey league. We have 30 NHL teams , 30 AHL Teams, and right now 34 CHL Teams.

Before, each team was its own usergroup, each team had its own forum, And that was just the users. We needed usergroups for the Commish staff, Board of Governers, League Directors, Media Team, Players Association ect. Each of these groups could have its own forums, and special needed permissions.

I build a dynamic "hack" so everyone now users one single forum (i pass leagueid,seasonid,teamid from our own table) and filter the threads by that

And thats one of 5-15 leagues we have and or have run.

I'd recommend running the permission combination cleanup tools under rebuild caches. That may help clean up combinations that aren't in use because you changed your structure.
So i did that, and ya, still getting the 2/3 hours rebuilds :)

Top Bottom