Rear Wheel Horsepower Forum

In ACP -> Click Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information

Remove the link in the home page URL, XenPorta adds this for you

I think by default XenPorta will automatically set the URL for you, however you can disable the XenPorta Home button in XenPorta Options and just use the default XF home button and set a custom URL if that made sense?

So I would love to have some insight on what you think of my site so far. I would love to hear suggestions and any possible add ons you would feel would be beneficial to my forum. Thanks for reading this.

I'm struggling with the background striping. I guess because it's distracting me but that's just my opinion. Everything else looks shmexy!

I think he means the background which is that small strip of border around your entire page. It on a diaganol and on my FHD monitor makes my eyes a little blurry.

Screenshot from 2012-10-19 18:45:44.webp

Looks pretty good otherwise although your 'guest' notifier pop-up wouldn't go away when I tried to dismiss it. Also, why are so many of your threads locked? On a brand new site, I'd want new people to be able to comment everywhere they can rather than trying to force them to comment exactly where you want them to.

Overall looks pretty good style wise - I would advise that you resist the urge to keep adding stuff to it. Let it breathe and be a forum.

Well put. I will look into the guest thing. That is a simple setting I must have missed. As for the locked threads I am not sure I can say I did not lock them myself so will also look into that. I appreciate the input. Have any ideas where I would find the border settings etc that you sent image of. I never looked that close until now.

Can you please elaborate on the locked threads? I can't find any locked. Did you mean guests or registered members are locked out?

Much better on the eyes. It looks like the locked threads are your News in the Automotive World and I realize now that they are RSS auto-posts but they showed up in What's New so it looked like most of your threads were locked.

Of course, you cannot see What's New since it's not new to you unless you log out, clear browser cache and then re-visit as a guest. I don't know much about External Feeds (RSS) so can't give you any advice there.

Top Bottom