1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Wheel Horsepower Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by RWHP, Sep 23, 2012.

1. RWHP

RWHP Active Member

I just began my journey to build an ultimate community of people that breathe and bleed performance and have a love for cars, trucks, and motorcycles alike. I would love any and all advice and insight my fellow members are willing to offer.

http://rearwheelhorsepower.com/forum

2. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

Hello
    Thank you for posting your forum. I'm pretty sure your just beginning so I don't have a whole lot of advice other than your logo and nav can height. And I'm hardly one to offer it as well.

I can't wait to see what you do with your forum's design.. Good luck. :)

3. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

4. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

I wouldn't make all your forums private.

5. RWHP

RWHP Active Member

Thank you everyone for the insight I will begin there

6. dojo

dojo Active Member

1. logo - you need a logo created for your site. so that people can see that it's not about xenforo, but about your chosen topic
    2. not a bad idea to go on a grey layout. Do play more in the style properties though, so that you can get an unitary color theme.
    3. I prefer fixed layouts or at least something that wouldn't stretch the site on wide monitors. Part of your quest to better usability is to have a layout that's wide enough to make sense and narrow enough for the lines of text to be easy to read. A too wide layout will mess with your visitors eyes, since they'd need to read a huge line of text.

7. RWHP

RWHP Active Member

8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

It's too clean. It needs dirt and smoke.

9. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

Maybe you should edit the style as fixed style with a background (cars,,,,) I am waiting for more updates and improvement so far so good ;)

10. RWHP

RWHP Active Member

11. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

12. RWHP

RWHP Active Member

13. RWHP

RWHP Active Member

Thanks. A good friend came up with it for me

14. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

I don't recommend the use of portal specially if you already have home page unless you want to change that?

15. RWHP

RWHP Active Member

Well that is in the mix. Not sure if going to do a standard home page etc or just portal.

16. RWHP

RWHP Active Member

Any other addons recommended?

17. RWHP

RWHP Active Member

18. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

great job I like where this is heading.;)
    You could also decrease the space between the content and navigation in the home page, and also the space between the login and the navigation in the forum. I have some more suggestion but I am going to sleep for now, see you tomorrow.

19. John

John Well-Known Member

Looking good! Love the logo...nice choice for the design, too! ;)

20. RWHP

RWHP Active Member