XF 1.1 Really, really struggling with email setup

optrex

My personal email provision is with google. So I have my own domain, but its using gmail.
The problem is, I'm not getting my forum emails. I dont get any NDR's it just disappears.

I've set my forum email up as SMTP. I've tried several providers using different port configurations, ssl, authentication etc. If I email directly from the service provider to my personal email it arrives.

If I email my personal email from the forum I'm back to it not arriving and not getting a bounce.

I am confident the setups are correct with regards to ports addresses etc in the ACP so its likely there is some other cause

I'm pulling my hair out now and its really frustrating, please could I get some guidance?

thanks. My PTR record resolves to the hostname of my VPS
vps1234.manage.myhosting.com

I am assuming that the issue is because it doesn't resolve to my domain names. If that host has multiple domains each with its own domain dns and domain ptr - what should the content of the ptr be? they are currently set to domain.com

my spf is set to v=spf1 +a +mx -all at each domain level

Just a simple thought but I also use gmail
Have you tried setting some filters in gmail?

Settings (top right symbol)
select Filters on top row
enter the email which the board uses in From:
If you use a prefix put that in the Subject: line
Click "Next Step" button
Tick "Never send it to Spam"

You can also give it a Label to help you search on it (use advanced search on the Mail & Spam & Bin option)
and I find using the Priority desktop useful too. Then you set these emails as + (important)

ok I've been doing some testing based on the SPF and the IP addresses used, I get a pass, but on the bottom I get this

Mail Server HELO/EHLO identity: email@recipient

HELO/EHLO Results - softfail domain owner discourages use of this host

I am the domain owner, so where is the softfail generated from? Is it because my own email domain is using gmail and if so where do I change it?

Top Bottom