Really Mean Sounds vB 3.8 - xF 1.0.2 Today 1.7m Posts :)

Cooper

Made the jump today. It has broken some of the functionality of the rest of my site that hinged on vbulletin but will fix that over the weekend.

Put together a skin similar to my old vbulletin forum, and with the help of Kier's redirect scripts and the vbseo ones my links from google are working perfectly.

So far - very pleased. 1.7m posts, took about 16hrs for the total import operation on a dedicated box but no real intervention needed to take place... flawless!

www.reallymeansounds.com/forum

Glad to finally be running xenForo.

Great work Kier, Mike and the team (and the helpful members here too!)

Andy.

Looks nice - only issue I can see is the logo background doesn't match the gradient next to it.

Also great choice of font for posts, <3 13px tahoma :)

kind of a basic design and 95% of all images in the garage are dead if you didn't know.

Work in progress. Many parts of the site used the vb authentication so that's the first port of call. Design wise it is supposed to look as similar to the old vb forum as possible, a design that hasn't changed since 2006 :eek:. I'm no theme designer but the XF style properties system is fantastic and once I get the code issues sorted out I look forward to playing with it in depth.

We saw an initial dip in traffic but its back to the same level pre-Xenforo. It has taken the users a few weeks to get to grips with but now people seem to like it. Not being able to change thread titles was an issue but now with the recent plugin that has been sorted. Glad we made the move!

Aw, that's a sweet garage design, I'd pay for a mod like that. Nice work!

And me - classifieds is something that I've been waiting for, and since things in demand are Gallery and downloads and are still not closer to being available, i hold out no hope...

Any chance you could give us a clue as to who coded it? Wouldnt mind approaching them for some similar custom work

Cheers
Paul

Overall the theme has a good simplistic look and feel and about it, clean cut, nothing fancy and very functional. I'm not sure about that very light blue colour used for the sign-up now button though, a bit too bright I think.

I like it. (y) I have a very similar looking forum on VB 3.8 500,000 posts that utilises a garage as well as classified and a bomb proof subscriptions module. However I am not as clever as you so will have to wait till there are robust xF alternatives:)

Congrats. I've been using vb since 2.x and I don't want to go to 4. The cms is useless to me as it is currently. I can't wait to get my 2m posts over to xf. The last time I tried it was like 50+ hours so I need to do it on a dedicated box.

Just to update, we are now on xF 1.1, with custom user fields imported from an old db backup of our vb3 installation. Mods love the new warning system features and users are still enjoying the new software.

Our only main feature request outstanding would probably be users being able to edit their thread titles. We had issues with the addon for this and had to uninstall it in the end, but it really should be part of the core. Search is the other issue being a big board, but I know this is imminent.

All in all a very happy xenforo user and admin here.

Just to update, we are now on xF 1.1, with custom user fields imported from an old db backup of our vb3 installation. Mods love the new warning system features and users are still enjoying the new software.

Our only main feature request outstanding would probably be users being able to edit their thread titles. We had issues with the addon for this and had to uninstall it in the end, but it really should be part of the core. Search is the other issue being a big board, but I know this is imminent.

All in all a very happy xenforo user and admin here.
Can you post some pre and post stats? Things like uniques, pageviews, time one site, user activity (posts/threads per day), and user registration?

That's a lovely pure design.
I can see how it bridges between VB and XF appearance in a reassuring way for a longer continuity board.
Personally I like the bright signup button - unmissable.
If it were me I'd make the text of the signup notice in the content area sit at centre. Where it is now it slightly merges with the standard board controls. I see it as markedly different so it needs to site differently.
Love the dreamy blue of the forum title bar ....
Was a bit surprised not to see the sidebar when I clicked through. This is a very simple template edit with a snippet.

Top Bottom