1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ready for PHP7?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Caliburn, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Caliburn

Caliburn Well-Known Member

I'm not a PHP developer by shot. I do have a question tho. I am probably going to purchase XenForo in the next few months and am wondering if xenForo is prepared to operate under PHP7?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

As of yet, it has not been explicitly tested with PHP7. As this is a larger change than PHP 5.3 to 5.4, etc, it wouldn't be surprising to see a few small changes that need to be made (I do know of one that has been made for the next release), but we will aim to support PHP7 at some point.

maszd, Lone Wolf, Alfa1 and 2 others like this.
  3. japersonal

japersonal Member

Hi there!

Found this thread from a Google search and I wonder whether Xenforo is now fully compatible with PHP 7.x

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, XenForo works with PHP 7.

japersonal likes this.
  5. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

No problems on php7 at all. Just a lot faster.

japersonal likes this.
  7. Carla Birch

Carla Birch Well-Known Member

Working fine for me on php7.

japersonal likes this.
  8. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

Already installed in our server and works fine. Note that PHP 7 are awesome and better than old PHP versions. If anyone have large forum or WordPress in their server, they should switch to PHP 7 version. However, xCache and Joomla! 2.x and 3.x still is not compatible with PHP 7 but don't forget to works great with OpCache.

japersonal and Alfa1 like this.
  9. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Well-Known Member

Using PHP 7.0.4 and latest Opcache. Getting great performance on all our sites.

japersonal likes this.