Re: Nuisance Spammer - Ban this IP

MichaelDance

Have you banned the IP yet?

How did you do it?

I've banned the IP from my server therefore all my customers with Xenforo don't have to do a thing :D

Blocking 69.251.58.85...

Adding 69.251.58.85 to csf.deny and iptables DROP...
DROP all opt -- in !lo out * 69.251.58.85 -> 0.0.0.0/0
DROP all opt -- in * out !lo 0.0.0.0/0 -> 69.251.58.85

...Done.

Reactions: vVv
i know right... i got excited.. "yay, she's the one for me... whee!" lmfao .. :p nah i knew it was spam, i seen her profile page and she wrote same crap to other guys too... i was thinking.. "hey now.. you're not suppose be talking to other men like that, when you're supposedly interested in me!"... lmfao jk

You make me laugh mate :D

Reactions: vVv
You never know when unless it's cause you have VB5 installed.
We get a few spammers here and there but most are posting links to drugs or promoting an affilaite site.
I haven't seen much if any xxx type spam that we saw here, on my forums.
Maybe we've already banned that range of ip's as well in past bannings, I don't really pay much attention to it..lmao

ofcourse.. they could all be attacked to my vb5 install so they skip the xenforo one :p

We get a few spammers here and there but most are posting links to drugs or promoting an affilaite site.
I haven't seen much if any xxx type spam that we saw here, on my forums.
Maybe we've already banned that range of ip's as well in past bannings, I don't really pay much attention to it..lmao

ofcourse.. they could all be attacked to my vb5 install so they skip the xenforo one :p
Probably lol

But I don't think they'd target vb5, since they flooded this forum saying it was rubbish.

Good luck, IP address are easily came by and can be changed out in a matter of minutes usually. It's only a matter of time before they come back.

Might want to try to build some stronger anti-spam measures in to the software.

I guess that's what I get for saying I didn't ban that ip yet
just got on and had over 1,000 accounts setup, all "kierxxxx" ones, most where Kiersucks or something
anyways, removed the threads and deleted the accounts in the database and now did in fact ban that ip
what else can we do, I was literally away from my forum 2 hours max, and had 1000's of new threads and users on the forum

Top Bottom