• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Browser issue RC2: Firebug Lite for Chrome breaks ability to use editor/post in XF

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I would consider this a bug in Chrome's Firebug Lite as it has problems on lots of sites, not just XenForo.

Shadab

What brings you to that conclusion?
I assumed that since it breaks JavaScript functionality, which would otherwise work properly without this extension; it would be a bug in the extension and not in the sites' JavaScript itself? I could be wrong, though; as I only use Chrome's native Developer Tools.

Kier

XenForo Developer
Staff member
I assumed that since it breaks JavaScript functionality, which would otherwise work properly without this extension; it would be a bug in the extension and not in the sites' JavaScript itself? I could be wrong, though; as I only use Chrome's native Developer Tools.
Sorry, I misread your post - I thought you were suggesting that it is a XenForo bug.

Tigratrus

Sorry I didn't get back on this one. I listed it as a Firebug Bug 'cause I figured it WAS on the firebug side. But I felt it should be logged anyway.

A. My feelings about it aren't authoritative, obviously.
B. Now it's logged in so anyone searching can find that it's been reported.

James