• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

As designed  RC1 - Disabling Signatures in usergroup doesnt work

Ranger375

I have a primary usergroup that I have disabled signatures for, however, they are apparently still able to have them...

edit: nevermind.... not sure if this is a bug, or I have to run some kind of cleanup...

apparently it's a grandfather deal. If they make a sig line, and an admin disables it, their sig line remains...they just can't add to it.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Have you set it to Default or Deny for the usergroup?

Are these users also members of another usergroup which has signatures set to allow?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Are you talking about the "edit signature" permission? That simply removes their ability to edit the signature - it does not remove any existing signatures. (And indeed, you could actually set their signature via the admin CP manually.)

Ranger375

Have you set it to Default or Deny for the usergroup?

Are these users also members of another usergroup which has signatures set to allow?
I set it to "deny" and the people I tried it on were only a member of said primary group and no secondary groups.

Ranger375

Are you talking about the "edit signature" permission? That simply removes their ability to edit the signature - it does not remove any existing signatures. (And indeed, you could actually set their signature via the admin CP manually.)

Gotcha, thanks