RC 2 Released!

Yeah...guess I should've moved to the other side of my dorm before I started so I could use my router instead... :P All upgraded--now to fix some outdated templates (but not nearly as many as before since I moved stuff to EXTRA.css!!).

Yeah...guess I should've moved to the other side of my dorm before I started so I could use my router instead... :p All upgraded--now to fix some outdated templates (but not nearly as many as before since I moved stuff to EXTRA.css!!).
I don't understand how EXTRA.css reduces the number of templates that need to be reverted and edited.
I notice with the happyplace addon that templates are considered outdated.
I have a template include in my footer, that had to be edited also.

That's a new prompt to remind customers to check for and revert any outdated templates.

I get this when I click the link "captcha_question custom version: 1.0.0 beta 6, master version: 1.0.0 release candidate 1" how do I get shut of this and update the template?

right... i need to find out what's so magic about extra.css... the reason been for me typing that comment was because i thought it's not worth to upgrade than revert all the template edits and than make adjustments again... but now i've got a feeling that extra.css does something =) hm...

All EXTRA.css does is avoid you having to revert and re-edit any css templates you have changed.

It keeps all css edits in one place and as it is a blank template, it will never be overwritten during an upgrade.

I guess this may warrant it's own thread, but. . .
I'm guessing the EXTRA.css template takes precedence over all other css templates?
But if you have a custom template (or from an addon), that template should have an accompanying css template as well.

Let me just reiterate that while there is not a vB4 importer now, the differences in DB schema between vB3.8 and vB4.0 are negligible. The only really major change is in the way attachments are stored, so it's not going to be an insurmountable task to have a vB4 importer ready for the 1.0 release, if not the October beta.

Are there still plans for an official vB4 importer in 1.0.0? Or do you suggest to use the importer offered by Paul M?

That's why I'm confused. Kier said that there will be an vB4 importer in 1.0.0. Mike posted that he is not expecting it in the stable release. So, who's right?

Prolly what Kier ment is that there will be one in the 1.x.x series, or maybe he thought there would be time in the beginning but since the lawsuit being complicated, it's being pushed back.

Top Bottom