Not planned Rate tutorial without downloading its optional resource

Marcus

I want to rate a tutorial without downloading its (optional) resource. There are lots of tutorials from Fuhrmann currently available where he also provides optional resource files. I just read the tutorials and when I rate them I get this message:
The following error occurred:
You can only rate a resource version that you have downloaded.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If the admin chooses to force downloading for rating, there's no way to really determine whether or not the main content is in the file or in the body, unless you get into overly granular settings (IMO).

I see, I am also a big fan of "no more options than needed" as they slow down further development from my own experience :)

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it seems to circumvent the requirement to download pretty easily, perhaps it will be more effective with paid resources that require a certain type of payment method to purchase. But I've noticed that with free resources where the author has required download to rate you only have to click on the download button and cancel it, then you can rate.

I guess this isn't really a big deal with free resources, but it also works with a few of the paid resources I've tried where it initiates a conversation or redirect. I don't know if it's possible to lock off the rating until payment has been authorised in some manner perhaps?

Paid resources can be rated without downloading.

It would be impossible to know if a paid resource had been downloaded or distributed as it is handled away from the RM/site.

Yeah, I suppose the only way that could be regulated is if XF authorised the payment through an account upgrade or something perhaps to verify a certain user has actually paid for the resource?
I'm not sure, was just something I noticed.

Top Bottom