******* - Rate Threads with Stars [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is display the comments to ratings ?

On your site demo, i don't see the votes:

View attachment 85590

That is because of permissions. I have set it for registered users at my forum to view the ratings only for own threads. Anyway, here is a screenshot of how the ratings and comments look like in a thread.

Attachments

• 7ratingsshow.webp
    7ratingsshow.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 11
Has anyone figured out a way to manually sort by rating? I know he has the option to set the forum to automatically sort be best / worst rating but I would like to add the option to do this manually...

For instance... Using this command will sort by Title

Code:
http://www.mechspecs.com/forums/index.php?forums/jr7-d.27/&order=title

So when my visitors press that they can sort all the threads by title. Now, how would I add the option for them to sort by rating?

Also....

Having an issue tracking down how to resolve a skin/theme conflict with this plugin...

2v3lssn.jpg

ebatu0.jpg

Any thoughts on how to move the RATE THIS THREAD and the stars portion to maybe inside the first post or something?

Has anyone figured out a way to manually sort by rating? I know he has the option to set the forum to automatically sort be best / worst rating but I would like to add the option to do this manually...

For instance... Using this command will sort by Title

Code:
http://www.mechspecs.com/forums/index.php?forums/jr7-d.27/&order=title
So when my visitors press that they can sort all the threads by title. Now, how would I add the option for them to sort by rating?

This is the url you need for that:

Code:
http://www.mechspecs.com/forums/index.php?forums/jr7-d.27/&order=rating_count

Also....

Having an issue tracking down how to resolve a skin/theme conflict with this plugin...

2v3lssn.jpg

ebatu0.jpg

Any thoughts on how to move the RATE THIS THREAD and the stars portion to maybe inside the first post or something?

At the thread_view TMS there is the code that adds the code to show the star rating in threads. You can modify it/change it to show where ever you would like.

Meh, I've tried using the code you showed me however it isn't sorting them correctly so something is buggy there. It sorts like this (when it is set to sticky the 5 stars)

5 stars
5 stars
1 star
3 star

They are all over the place except for the 5 stars and that is using your internal sorting checkbox.

Do you have any plans to bug hunt and correct this issue as well as maybe add manual sorting ability on the specific nodes affected?

Last edited:
Meh, I've tried using the code you showed me however it isn't sorting them correctly so something is buggy there. It sorts like this (when it is set to sticky the 5 stars)

5 stars
5 stars
1 star
3 star

They are all over the place except for the 5 stars and that is using your internal sorting checkbox.

Do you have any plans to bug hunt and correct this issue as well as maybe add manual sorting ability on the specific nodes affected?

Setting threads as sticky and sorting them are 2 different things. Sticky threads are based on the total number of positive star ratings and sorting on the amount of how many times a thread has been rated.

Ahhh my misunderstanding. I assumed sorting would put the 5 star builds at the top and the 1 star builds down at the bottom. Not that it would put a 1 star at the top because it has been rated 10 times.

It would be great if we could rate straight from the Thread List Page. Alot of people stay on that page and right click open in new window.

At the thread_view TMS there is the code that adds the code to show the star rating in threads. You can modify it/change it to show where ever you would like.
Could you please provide the actual piece of code to look for in the thread_view template? Im having the same styling issue with UI.X

Besides that this is even better then i had hoped.. the comments option is a awesome bonus!!!!

Could you please provide the actual piece of code to look for in the thread_view template? Im having the same styling issue with UI.X

Besides that this is even better then i had hoped.. the comments option is a awesome bonus!!!!

It is not in the template itself, but it can be found at the TMS area.(Template Modification System)

Found a typo of sorts.

Here you can enter the reason as to why you're giving this rating. Reviews which are not constructive may be removed without notice.
Your comment must may be at least not exceed 150 characters.

Last edited:
Found a typo of sorts.

English is not my first language regarding the typo. You can change the appropriate phrase though to correct the typo or edit/modify the text to something else as well.

View attachment 92484
Maybe i just dont know how to properly use the TMS thing.

The debug mod has to be enabled for you to edit the TMS. Or you can also disable the tms for my mod and add the code manually to the thread_view template.

This addon conflicts with xenPorta. If the thread has been promoted then the "review this thread" doesn't show up. Any idea how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom