RANT: No... I will not fix you f***ing computer

Adam Howard

Do you ever have someone who you seem to be repeating the same thing over and over, and over, and over again with?!! I do.

Me: Close Firefox
Them: *clicks back*
Me: Close firefox!
Them: *clicks forward*
Me: CLOSE Firefox !!
Them: Closes a tab
Me: ****ing CLOSE Firefox
Them: Closes another tab
Me: *grabs mouse, clicks X in corner"
Them: Oh

:mad::rolleyes:

LOL I have this all the time. Explaining takes 10x longer than doing it myself. When you explain they ask the same questions the next week, when you do it yourself they say 'you never explain it'. Can't win. :)

Client: “So we looked at your sketches.”
Me: “Okay, well… these are designs.”
Client: “Right, but they look just like the wireframes you showed us.”
Me: “Yes, that’s because they’re based on the wireframes.”
Client: “But they don’t look any different to me.”
Me: “Well, they have an entire layer of UI on top of the boxes I showed you in the wireframes. This is the actual design.”
Client: “I just don’t see what took you so long. You just sketched on top of the wireframes.”
Me: “Well, right. That’s called design. That’s what we do—we design user interfaces.”

courtesy of clients from hell

How can anyone get away with playing games at work?
And get paid for it?

Been there, done that. If you are the guy who is in control over everything IT related, then it's not really a big problem. As long as everything works as it should, no one would care what you're actually doing :)

Of course, it depends where you work.

Years back, I was working in a research facility, filled with scientists (primarily physicists). Most of the time, they didn't even notice what was going on around them, because their heads were exploding from all the weird stuff they were working on all day. As long as their computers were fine, they didn't care about the existence of an IT department.

Quake and, a bit later, Diablo 2 were great ways to fight the boredom :)

Client: “So we looked at your sketches.”
Me: “Okay, well… these are designs.”
Client: “Right, but they look just like the wireframes you showed us.”
Me: “Yes, that’s because they’re based on the wireframes.”
Client: “But they don’t look any different to me.”
Me: “Well, they have an entire layer of UI on top of the boxes I showed you in the wireframes. This is the actual design.”
Client: “I just don’t see what took you so long. You just sketched on top of the wireframes.”
Me: “Well, right. That’s called design. That’s what we do—we design user interfaces.”

courtesy of clients from hell
That...is the most amazing, comforting and truthful website I have ever seen.

Top Bottom