*rant* Hotmail aren't secure enough

James

Just ranting about how hotmail's revert system isn't secure at all. A few months ago I was able to revert myself using completely fake and inaccurate information and now, tonight, I just got reverted for real!

Hotmail have no idea about security. What happened to one-time links rather than "this link is active for 24 hours" crap!

Did you register via passport.net? It automatically makes you revertible via their e-mail support system (not your e-mail, just your client).

i would tell you this that happens to me some weeks ago: i got an historical msn account from the year 2K ... some weeks ago i linked this account to my facebook account ... et voilà ... someone grab my msn account ... and i can't bring it back cause the lack of the support ....

Wish ICQ was that easy to get into. Account got hacked a couple of years ago. Tried everything to get it back, arg! Good number too (and low number for '97: 4454575).

get yourself a Gmail account

with a Gmail account you can access your free Google Voice, Calendar, Docs, and so much more

all of these tightly integrated with your smartphone ;)

you can even brand your own email address via Gmail
(use Gmail with your own branded domain)

I have gmail don't worry :) I originally had a hotmail account from like 6 years ago that I never migrated from... silly child I am.

I need a cross-platform client that allows me to chat with MSN contacts though because that's what a lot of my less tech-savvy friends use.

There is always a Google's equivalent [althought i wouldn't use that word because that implies that they are equal] to any of Microsoft's services. I would go with google.

Google has yet to fail me.

Gmail is my primary mail account, however, I've had the same hotmail account since I was in middle school. I don't really pay much attention to the inbox at all, anymore, just use it for MSN.

If you have a site, then why in the world would you use hotmail or Gmail?
Gmail is something I'd stay away from if you care even a little bit about privacy at all.
Exactemundo! Is there an analysis somewhere of how far Google its knowledge and control reaches these days? I would be interested to read it.
What information can Google scan and combine?

Top Bottom