XF 1.1 Randome issue with Forum permissions

I have a paid forum that I use with amember.

Within that i have a private forum that is used by about 70 of the members . I set it up then added the members manually using the Allow tab under permissions.

Every few days someone seems to lose access and can't see the forum any longer, I have to go in click on revoke save and then reclick on apply then they can see the node again.

This seems totally random and isn't linked to when their subscriptions renew

here are the permissions used:
Screen%20Shot%202012-02-08%20at%2011.00.53%20AM.png

Is amember or any other custom script changing the user's groups or permissions? This may be a problem with the permission cache such as the cache failing to be updated after external changes. Just guessing.

Next time it happens try running this:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild User Caches

That will recalculate xf_user.permission_combination_id which might be a problem.

What is amember?
How does it integrate with the forum?

Why are you doing each member individually?
You should use a user group tied in to the user upgrades system: http://xenforo.com/help/user-upgrades/

Amember is the software that controls the sign ups and handles the monthly subscriptions.

They are already paid members and I don't want to charge any extra for this private forum as they are collaborating on a project.

Is amember or any other custom script changing the user's groups or permissions? This may be a problem with the permission cache such as the cache failing to be updated after external changes. Just guessing.

Next time it happens try running this:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild User Caches

That will recalculate xf_user.permission_combination_id which might be a problem.

Amember doesn't change the permissions and i don't know of anything else that does. I think i tried rebuilding the caches when it first happened i'll try again next time ..thanks

Top Bottom