Random media no longer shown ..

ojkarlsson

.. after upgrade to 1.0.5a

Already switched off add-ons, checked with default style, rebuilt thumbnails ..

I've also checked this thread in the resolved bugs section

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/random-media-block-only-appears-randomly.96920/

and did the things suggested there.

Nothing helped so far. Random media in the media block on the forum index page does not show images.

Anything else I need to do after the 1.0.5.a upgrade or things I can check ?

Thanks

Some changes were made in XFMG 1.0.5 relating to the random media block, though everything should have been made "ok" during the upgrade.

First, could you check to make sure there are no errors listed in your Server Error Log in the Admin CP?

If there are none, please go to Admin CP > Tools > Cron Entries and run this Cron Entry: "Build XenForo Media Gallery Random Media Cache"

Let me know if that solves the problem.

Hmm .. the images shown were always the same. Now I've executed the cron entry again and the images do not show any longer. Additional attempts to run the script did not help either. Thanks for further suggestions.

I think I am up to something. It seems to depend on the category selected in the XFMG settings for random/new media blocks.
I do have a lot of categories and sub-categories. And I want to have random images from all categories. Thus I selected the highest main category.
The block with random images only shows up when one of the most recent categories is selected directly in the XFMG settings.
Could it be that sub-categories are not taken into account at the moment ?

And I want to have random images from all categories. Thus I selected the highest main category.
If you only select one category, only images from that category will be shown.

If you want to show images from the child categories, you need to select the child categories as well, or, at least, the specific child categories you want to show images from.

Counted them while selecting. Around 125. ( "Select all categories" setting would be appreciated :) )But it was worth it. Now it seems to work. I got random images from all categories.

All are checked except Show Gallery Statistics Block.

How do I know it's enabled? And I'm wondering if this happened because a friend did the latest upgrade? Another friend added a widget for the bar, IIRC.

If it's set to show in the sidebar and you have widget framework enabled then that is why: widget framework overwrites the content of the sidebar.

It might be easier if I can log in and take a look for you.

If you submit a ticket from your customer area with your admin CP log in, I will take a look.

I'm sure there's likely a quick solution.

Top Bottom