Raise PV's and reduce bounce?

lazer

Hey all

With regard to XF installations, anyone got any tips or tricks they use to increase page views and reduce bounce? As we run a support type site, we find that a lot of visitors search thru Google (other search engines are available ;)), go straight to the thread containing the fix on our site and then leave once they have it - anyone in a similar position that has found a particular tweak or trick, to keep them longer and keep them clicking?

Cheers.

Hey all

With regard to XF installations, anyone got any tips or tricks they use to increase page views and reduce bounce? As we run a support type site, we find that a lot of visitors search thru Google (other search engines are available ;)), go straight to the thread containing the fix on our site and then leave once they have it - anyone in a similar position that has found a particular tweak or trick, to keep them longer and keep them clicking?

Cheers.

Similar threads for sure.
Links to excellent articles and well structured content on the site.

I use notifications in some forums to increase visibility of my other forums (http://xenforo.com/community/resources/notifications-powered-by-gritter.870/). It depends on where you are "loosing" the visits though, I had allot of hits on my frontpage and a high bounce rate. So I added this to my frontpage: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sign-up-welcome-notice.384/

I also made the Sign up / Sign in box float at the top of the screen as you scrolled down. On top of this, I am promoting specific forums through my twitter account and notifications. In the end, I reduced bounce rate quite significantly (though it was so high, it could probably only go one way).

Is there a way to make a nice footer with some links to "Hallmark" (best) threads you have ?
or links to other content pages, etc.
It's an interesting idea, although I'm not sure the "one visit" crowd would even get as far as the footer.
I'm curious, what would you guys consider a reasonable bounce percentage?
With "helper" or non-niche forums, under 80% is pretty good.

It's an interesting idea, although I'm not sure the "one visit" crowd would even get as far as the footer.
Interesting point.
Do you think they are getting their answers ? and then leaving ? or not getting what they want ?

Might they be getting there in error ? Like your site IS NOT providing the answer to their question.

Top Bottom