• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek Unread Thread Counter

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Couple of thoughts...
1. On mine it says 1 New Post, but then shows 2?
2. Anyway to make it go away when there are 0 unread posts? <-- Make make it more noticeable of it only shows when there is new posts.

I personally would have it on the lower half of the navigation bar next to What's New?

That would seem to be the most logical place for it as it is purely a forum related metric and not a top level menu.
This would be a perfect location imo..

I've integrated it in the navigation: "What's New? (X unread)" / "Was ist neu? (X ungelesen)"
Thanks, Andy.N and Brogan for your idea. :)
Danke, ragtek fürs AddOn. :)

Gruß, Albert. :p

I've integrated it in the navigation: "What's New? (X unread)" / "Was ist neu? (X ungelesen)"
Thanks Brogan for your idea. :)
Danke, ragtek fürs AddOn. :)

Gruß, Albert. :p
How did you do this? Did you edit the navigation template, or did you find an other way?

In the template "navigation" i've replaced the code:
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}</a></li>

to that code:
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}{$ragtekPostCounter}</a></li>

And i've changed the phrase "ragtek_unreadPost" to: " (1 unread)" and the phrase "ragtek_unreadPosts" to: " ({postcounter} unread)".

Isn't that correct? It works for me.
smile.png

Regardless what the number of new posts is, this always shows "1 new post since last visit". Even if there are, let's say, 20 new posts since my last visit. For now I uninstalled it.

Installed..
-------------------

Regardless what the number of new posts is, this always shows "1 new post since last visit". Even if there are, let's say, 20 new posts since my last visit. For now I uninstalled it.
Same here.. Temporarily uninstalled.

Installed..
-------------------

Same here.. Temporarily uninstalled.
Have you still this problem?

How can i reproduce this`*g*

Hmm, this only shows "1" to me also, no matter how many unread messages I have. This is the only add-on I have installed, so interference with other add-ons should not be an issue.

Top Bottom