1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek Thread Reader / who has read the thread

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by ragtek, Jan 26, 2011.

1. ragtek

ragtek Guest

I know there's already a add-on making this, but it contains too much overhead (which could kill big boards servers;) )
    Now i got the original coders "ok" to release my own ( i know, i hadn't to ask, but i wanted to stay fair:) )

Install instructions:

1. Upload the files into your xenforo directory
    2. Install the xml file
    3. Edit template thread_view
    Search for:
    Code:
    {xen:raw $threadStatusHtml}

add under this
    Code:
    <xen:include template="ragtek_tr_container" />

Changehistory:
    added usergroup permissions, so the admin can define which groups are allowed to see the thread readers

Attached Files:

Ryan Kent, Veer, Luke F and 3 others like this.
  2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Great stuff !
    See my PM for another idea.

3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Ups,i've forgotten to add the attachment...

4. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Thanks Ragtek

5. Decent60

Decent60 Well-Known Member

You should note that there are two of those: at top one and a bottom one. Placing it under either will get you the respective result (either top or bottom).

6. Decent60

Decent60 Well-Known Member

Also, changing the original ragtek_tr_container file to this will make all the words fallow the same style:
    PHP:
    <div class="section">
    <
    div class="sectionFooter"><h3>{xen:phrase ragtek_tr_users}:</h3>
    <
    ol class="listInline commaImplode">
    <
    xen:foreach loop="$ragtek_readUsersvalue="$user">
    <
    li>{xen:helper username$user}</li>
    </
    xen:foreach>
    </
    ol>
    </
    div>
    </
    div>

1 person likes this.
  7. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Is there any plan to add permission so that only some usergroup can see this list of users that read a thread?

8. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Do you have screen please ?

9. bhuwan

bhuwan Member

Thanks - exactly what I was looking for!

10. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

Anyone using this? I'd love to confirm it works in 1.0.0 and see a screenshot.

11. ajnos

ajnos Member

Yes, it's working with 1.0.0

12. ajnos

ajnos Member

Nice idea.

13. Your addon works very good with Stable 1.0.0 !

14. Ryan Kent

I tried installing and received the below error message. I uploaded the files to the server, I confirmed they are on the server in the correct location.

Error

Please enter a valid callback method.

15. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Sure that they are uploaded correct?

16. Ryan Kent

My apologies. I just realized 3 files failed the transfer process. I fixed and it is installed. Tested and looks ok. I'll solicit user feedback now but all looks great.

As a note, I moved the notice to just above Share This Page part of the thread, rather then below the top. I see this as more of a tool for the few interested parties (admins/thread author) to collect information.

17. ragtek

ragtek Guest

OK is included:)
    I'll release it tomorrow on ragtek.org & the free release will be available in 1 week here on xenforo.com

18. Despair

Despair Active Member

This does not restore the thread_read data in its own tables, so when the thread_read data is emptied from a cron run, all the users who read the thread will be erased? I suppose the easiest thing to do would be to re-title it to say "Members who have read this thread in the last 30 days" or whatever you have set as your last read data lifetime. Any plans for a more permanent solution?

19. ragtek

ragtek Guest

No

20. Ryan Kent

I didn't realize the thread read information was purged. It can cause confusion when that happens, depending on how it occurs. I looked at my Cron jobs and couldn't locate any "Ragtek" or "Thread Reader" jobs. I checked my ACP > Options and couldn't locate anything there either.

Where are the settings to purge the thread_read tables controlled?