• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek Sidebar Toggler

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Issues I feel need addressing I appreciate the time you put in Ragtek but the 3 issues (below) really need addressing which would make this usable. :)
Thanks again for the work you've done so far.

Major Issues
  1. Sidebar doesn't remember what state you left it in.
  2. Only works on default style, it really needs to work on custom styles (all styles).
  3. Toggle Icon appears in the thread listing page and postbit this should be hidden.

All 3 points are on the todo list and have a high priority, also to remove the template edits. (we have some great ideas, but no time:D ) ;)

Placement of the toggle icon. (nothing major).
Where should i add it? I'm open for suggestions:)

All 3 points are on the todo list and have a high priority, also to remove the template edits. (we have some great ideas, but no time:D ) ;)

Where should i add it? I'm open for suggestions:)

The only place I can think of atm for the placement of the toggle icon would be the right side of the sidebar. It's probably the most obvious choice but not necessarily the best choice. :)

Update
Beta2 released:)

Finally i managed to remove 1 template edit:)
Now the Button only appears if the user have javascript activated

If you upgrade from a prev. Version, you have to remove your breadcumb template edit

ragtek wäre das icon nicht besser in der hellblauen Fläche rechts neben dem Suchfeld aufgehoben?

@all I tell ragtek a better place for the toggle icons, right from search form

Update
Beta2 released:)

Finally i managed to remove 1 template edit:)
Now the Button only appears if the user have javascript activated

If you upgrade from a prev. Version, you have to remove your breadcumb template edit

Nice work Ragtek.

I'll wait for this excellent add-on and re-install it when the 3 major issues I listed are resolved.

Issues I feel need addressing I appreciate the time you put in Ragtek but the 3 issues (below) really need addressing which would make this usable. :)
Thanks again for the work you've done so far.

Major Issues
  1. Sidebar doesn't remember what state you left it in.
  2. Only works on default style, it really needs to work on custom styles (all styles).
  3. Toggle Icon appears in the thread listing page and postbit this should be hidden.
Minor Issues
  1. Placement of the toggle icon. (nothing major).
  2. JS animation a little smoother.
2=> you could just edit the extra.css file for every style;)

The next version will include a style property for the path;)
3. is also already fixed

1. Suggestion for CSS:
    HTML:
    .breadcrumb .switchside_r,
    .breadcrumb .switchside_l
    {
        cursor:pointer;
    }
  2. File sidebar.js:
    Code:
                this.$togglebutton = $('<span id="switchButton" class="switchside_r" title="toggle sidebar"></span> ')
    Phrase toggle sidebar hardcoded.

Hello ragtek. Great addon. Have been waiting for something like this.
Is there a way to get an Icon to the Sidebar as shown in the Picture. Its just an Idea for how it could look like.
Unbenannt-2.webp

1. Suggestion for CSS:
    HTML:
    .breadcrumb .switchside_r,
      .breadcrumb .switchside_l
      {
          cursor:pointer;
      }
  2. File sidebar.js:
    Code:
                this.$togglebutton = $('<span id="switchButton" class="switchside_r" title="toggle sidebar"></span> ')
    Phrase toggle sidebar hardcoded.
thx for the pointer idea:)

Because of the phrase=> ATM i have no clue, how to include the phrase without an extra template edit;) (I've seen that there are some template hooks, but hadn't time to check it)

Excellent work ragtek. So I know the only issue that needs to be dealt with is the save state so let's say you hide the side bar it remembers. That issue still needs addressing?

Excellent work ragtek. So I know the only issue that needs to be dealt with is the save state so let's say you hide the side bar it remembers. That issue still needs addressing?
exactly

first i need to release 2 other add-ons, then i'll include this feature;)

I bought a javascript book and learned some stuff:D....

Update.

Changehistory:
Version 1.1
The status of the sidebar will be saved in a cookie.
So if your users hide it, they don't see it, until they want to show it;)

Top Bottom