• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek Sidebar Toggler

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

This add-on creates an slider for your sidebar.

Demo Video: http://ragtek.org/videos/sidebar.htm

Install instructions:
Upload all the files from the upload directory into your xf directory
Install the add-on xml file.

Template Edits:
edit template page_container_js_head
add at the end
Code:
<xen:if is="{$sidebar}">
<xen:include template="ragtek_sidebar_container" />
</xen:if>

Attachments

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/ragtek/sidebar.js?_v=1"></script>
correct that there is one more "c" in "javascript"
but iwanna ask if you can make this toggler remember the user choise because when we refresh the page we can see that the change is not saved

Code:
but iwanna ask if you can make this toggler remember the user choise because when we refresh the page we can see that the change is not saved
yes, it's planed for the future!

I wanted to have a early public version to be sure it's working, before i spend too much time with this^^

Code:
Exactly! Otherwise this mod almost useless... :(

Check the page_container_js_head edit.
I had an typo in my instruction

I corrected that earlier. place the /ragtek folder inside the /js folder place the template edits which are correct and ensured the paths were correct still no joy.

Hang on my mistake. I made the adjustments on my custom style and not the default style. It's working ragtek sorry. :) just not on my custom style though which you did say in your first post.

Issues I feel need addressing I appreciate the time you put in Ragtek but the 3 issues (below) really need addressing which would make this usable. :)
Thanks again for the work you've done so far.

Major Issues
  1. Sidebar doesn't remember what state you left it in.
  2. Only works on default style, it really needs to work on custom styles (all styles).
  3. Toggle Icon appears in the thread listing page and postbit this should be hidden.
Minor Issues
  1. Placement of the toggle icon. (nothing major).
  2. JS animation a little smoother.

Top Bottom