ragtek joining Mercenary Design

Robbo

Due to ragtek's burnout and hospitalization he can't continue to support and develop his add-ons alone. He contacted me yesterday to see if I could help out, we have come to an agreement. I will be acquiring all add-ons from ragtek.com/xenforo. Meanwhile ragtek will be taking a break from everything to properly recover. After he has had some proper time off he will be returning to Mercenary Design to help support and develop add-ons of his choice.

I have been working on the new Mercenary Design website (WIP attached below) which is important to maintain so many add-ons, paid and free. Therefore you won't see much change until the website is complete and we merge over the ragtek add-ons. Anyone who has paid for something will still own it after the merge, so don't stress about that.

Official statement from ragtek: http://ragtek.org/xenforo/threads/mercenary-design-ragtek-are-joining.449/

http://mercenarydesign.com.au

Attachments

• MercenaryDesign_website_design_w08.webp
    MercenaryDesign_website_design_w08.webp
    55.5 KB · Views: 116
Good luck to you guys, Robbo and Ragtek. Oh, two R's. R&R...interesting! :D

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery, Ragtek. :)
We had better not see you loitering around. :p

some news:
i've informed robbo that i've stopped waiting for the move......
5 months ago we announced this and since then "nothing" happened:(

I can understand the people who have annoyed me weekly because of the support site and the add-ons.

now i'm searching for somebody else, who want to continue the development and support of the add-ons, which were released at ragtek.org (AND I'M NOT SELLING THEM! YOU'LL GET THEM FOR FREE! you'll only have to accept to take the existing clients and give them 1 year free support as i've promised to them)

With the current situation nobody is happy and i'll never be able to recover from my burnout
And i also don#t want that my add-ons end like all the vbgeek products or photoplog:(

I'm really trying to find the best solution for all the clients.

some news:
i've informed robbo that i've stopped waiting for the move......
5 months ago we announced this and since then "nothing" happened:(

I can understand the people who have annoyed me weekly because of the support site and the add-ons.

now i'm searching for somebody else, who want to continue the development and support of the add-ons, which were released at ragtek.org (AND I'M NOT SELLING THEM! YOU'LL GET THEM FOR FREE! you'll only have to accept to take the existing clients and give them 1 year free support as i've promised to them)

With the current situation nobody is happy and i'll never be able to recover from my burnout
And i also don#t want that my add-ons end like all the vbgeek products or photoplog:(

I'm really trying to find the best solution for all the clients.
Interesting.

What add-ons are we talking about here?

I maybe wiling to take on this project... I'd continue support for those who paid, but with no renewal option. Once their "paid time" was up... Continue development as a free open source project.

Burnouts suck, but though they may seem endless at times I think you'll always recover from them by truly giving coding a rest. Then one day you will get that "spark" that ignites your coding engines again. But you can't just figure in 6 months "I guess I'll try coding again to see if my burnout is over".

Really sorry to hear things didn't work out with Robbo. I know he is working very hard right now and he seemed quite intend on giving your addons a good home. He's just very busy.

I know he's working really hard and i really respect his work and it's great, love all his add-ons and they have a great concept and he's like me thinking about clean coding and implementing all the things as they should be (e.g. post history is using content types, so every 3rd party coder is able to use it...), and he's IMO a great coder, but we weren't able to move the stuff(i'm sure it was also my fault because i wasn't able to help, but as i said, i have a big "blockade" ATM and i'm not able to do anything:(

But on the other side, i need to be selfish because of my health and i need to finish this ASAP

(to stop the speculations)
IT'S not because i'm moving to vB
it's not (really) because of the information police of xenforo
it's not because i'm a ******* (even many think it...)

It's really a (short) break for 2-??? months) so i'm able to take some steps back and fix my health (hope it's the right word for this^^)

I know he's working really hard and i really respect his work and it's great, love all his add-ons and they have a great concept and he's like me thinking about clean coding and implementing all the things as they should, and he's IMO a great coder, but we weren't able to move the stuff(i'm sure it was also my fault because i wasn't able to help, but as i said, i have a big "blockade" ATM and i'm not able to do anything:(

Why were you unable to move? It seems fairly straight forward to me. Re-upload files, create support forums, hook up with payment system - you're good to go. Don't necessarily even need a product page as you can use the XenForo resource manager page for that.

I'm surprised this thread has little replies because I depend on some of your addons a lot. I use more addons by ragtek than anyone else. I'm so used to begging this dude for help that I didn't realize he also needed help. I showed this thread to someone who might be able to help though. Sorry about your situation. I think it will all work out in the end.

Small status update:

All my small add-ons (incl. some premium add-ons) will be released at github soon ( http://ragtek.github.com/ )
Everybody is allowed to use & fork them.

Because of the bigger ones =>
ATM i'm having an coder from xenforo.com, who would "overtake" the add-ons & customers.
ATM i have to rethink the whole situation and find the best solution for everybody:)
( i wish i could release them for free too, but i'm sure some would be pissed again, and then i'll got some more lawyer letters from them..:p )

Top Bottom