1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek dont toward users postcount in special forums

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by ragtek, Jul 13, 2011.

1. ragtek

ragtek Guest

(I know strange name, but useful add-on;) )

This add-on allows you to define forums, where the posts will not toward the users post count. (useful for offtopic boards,etc..)

This version isn't soo nice as i wanted it, because it would be better if you could set the option on the "edit forum" page in the acp, but somebody asked me to release this ASAP=> so here we go:)

I'll change this probably in the next version.(I stopped the plans because this will be available in xenforo 1.1)

ATTENTION: THIS WILL NOT RECOUNT THE COUNTERS FOR EXISTING POSTS

Attached Files:

2. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Nice work ragtek. I believe I have seen several threads where users have asked for this mod.

ragtek likes this.
  3. karoshio

karoshio Active Member

Thank you, thank you and thank you. I have been waiting for someone to release this, I can now finally stop my Forum Games section for making people think they're so great from a higher post count.

4. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

Thanks will be having a look at this soon.

5. ShadyX

ShadyX Well-Known Member

Will this still count towards the actual sites postcount ? :)

6. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Yes.
    It only don't count the users postcount.
    The thread & forum post counts still toward

thewizard likes this.
  7. Duncan

Duncan Member

Works great so far, very useful to have on my forum.

8. Izagar

Izagar Active Member

o_O. FINALLY! xD

thewizard likes this.
  9. Saeed

Saeed Well-Known Member

Yaaaaaaaay. Thank you very much for this, ragtek. I really needed this and would never have found this by searching. How about renaming like "Disable Post Count in specific forums" or something similar? :)

Is it possible that all your addons appear at the bottom of ACP > Options. This one shows right at the top. It'd make it easier to locate them if they're all in one place. :)

Thank you once again! (y)

jmurrayhead likes this.
  10. ragtek

ragtek Guest

I should hire you to find good add-on names for me:D
    That's one of the hardest things for me..:D

jmurrayhead likes this.
  11. Saeed

Saeed Well-Known Member

I'd be glad to...for a one year membership to your site and addons, my friend. ;)

jmurrayhead likes this.