Raffles for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Snog

Snog submitted a new resource:

Snog_Raffles - Run raffles on your XenForo forum

Raffles, giveaways, and contests, whatever you wish to call them, are a great way to increase traffic on any forum.

This is a port of my Raffle system to XenForo. It includes many optional and paid add-ons to the raffle system that are not included in other versions. Therefore it is a premium mod.

Features:
  • Define a different prize image for each raffle.
  • Set raffle rules on a per raffle basis.
  • Set raffles to start in the future or on the day you create the raffle....

Read more about this resource...

Looks really cool, sorry if I missed it in the description is there a way to allow entry into the raffle via like using points, almost like purchasing a raffle ticket with a point system(plugin already on XF)

This sounds awesome.

One huge thing for this would let Users Create Raffles (moderated) that far i saw isn't possible it would make me buy it.

Also the prize images how does them work after the raffle is done? Do they win them? Where?

You will set what prize you will be giving away in the raffle and then would arrange to get it to the winner on the final draw of that raffle.

Looks really cool, sorry if I missed it in the description is there a way to allow entry into the raffle via like using points, almost like purchasing a raffle ticket with a point system(plugin already on XF)
Yes, it can use bdBank, or just about any other point system you're using.

Entering a money system in the raffle settings causes a 'Cost' option to be available when creating a raffle.

cost.webp setting_money.webp

Last edited:
This sounds awesome.

One huge thing for this would let Users Create Raffles (moderated) that far i saw isn't possible it would make me buy it.

Also the prize images how does them work after the raffle is done? Do they win them? Where?

By a long track record of the Raffle system, users or for that matter anyone else besides the site admin creating raffles tends to cause problems for the site allowing it. You end up with products not being delivered, or wrong items being sent to the raffle winners. That causes bad blood with the site itself. For that reason, only admins can create raffles.

DirtRider already answered how items are raffled off. The prize image is just a picture of the item you're raffling off.

excellent addons ... no possibility of creating a raffle from real money, and that the form of payment is paypal?

I think you may run into all sorts of legal issue if you did that :cautious:

By a long track record of the Raffle system, users or for that matter anyone else besides the site admin creating raffles tends to cause problems for the site allowing it. You end up with products not being delivered, or wrong items being sent to the raffle winners. That causes bad blood with the site itself. For that reason, only admins can create raffles.

DirtRider already answered how items are raffled off. The prize image is just a picture of the item you're raffling off.
For our usage is more some giveaway by raffles users could create. It's still possible but we must do it manually, still hard to reference the user that is hosting the giveaway in this case.

Also about the image, can't there be at profile some tab with the image as the "raffles won"?

excellent addons ... no possibility of creating a raffle from real money, and that the form of payment is paypal?
I can't legally program that directly into the mod. There are all sorts of legal issues involved.

However, there's nothing stopping you from using a mod that allows members to purchase points and then use those points for a raffle entry, OR using the XenForo subscription system to assign members to a specific usergroup and only allowing that usergroup to enter a raffle.

You also need to remember that a raffle is considered gambling in many places. And PayPal can't be used for gambling.

See item 6 in Prohibited Activities..
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/AcceptableUse_full

Last edited:
With the image you would just add a link to any image that you would be using. Here are the footnotes on that option

Enter the path to the image of this prize.
If no image is supplied the default raffle prize image will be used.
If you upload an image, this will be filled in automatically.
You will be able to upload an image after the raffle is created.

For our usage is more some giveaway by raffles users could create. It's still possible but we must do it manually, still hard to reference the user that is hosting the giveaway in this case.

Also about the image, can't there be at profile some tab with the image as the "raffles won"?
Sorry, I'm really not following you here.

What would a picture of a raffle prize (such as a DVD) have to do with a member's profile?

I use the credits system "******* - Credits" and is not covered
Does it have a field in the user table that stores how many credits a member has?

EDIT: I just checked. If using the standard Brevium - Credits system you would enter credits in the money system field in the Raffle system.

Last edited:
About time Snog. :)
When are you going to bring your forms plugin?
LOL, yeah I know it's been a while since I said I would port the Raffle system over. I just had to say NO to a few vB mods to have the time to do it.

The forms mod is next on my list. Once things settle down a little with questions about the Raffle system I'll start on that.

're super known for your addons in VB, that's good to have your collaborations and products for XenForo. (I say personal capacity) (y)

Sorry, I'm really not following you here.
What would a picture of a raffle prize (such as a DVD) have to do with a member's profile?
Not really that, it's like when a X user wins the X Raffle Prize, it could in the user profile says the Raffles this X user won linking to the raffle now closed. But that is nothing that important.

thanks snog, will purchase later.

just a note on giving permission to regualr members to create raffles. after begging you for a while you finally relented and made me an addon to do this in your vb version and it was fantastic. never had a problem with it and saved me lot of time creating raffles

Top Bottom