Third party QUOTE bug QUOTE escapes QUOTE

frm

Affected version
Xenforo.com
Say I type something generic first, insert a quote and then want to add substance to my post, like in the video below, "I agree. This would make for an excellent add on for any forum looking to expand into a more blog-like appearance and complete a CMS."

I delete my generic line after inserting the quote and the quote jumps out of the quote box in rich editor to fill that space instead.

View attachment QUOTE bug.mp4

Sorry about the background... it was either an enhanced blur or black (I've yet to learn how to crop on Premiere Pro... so many things to generalize in, so little time)

This appears to be a Froala issue:

Worth noting that it is somewhat related to how the line gets highlighted (so it might mean that there's a really subtle cursor position difference internally). If I highlight the line I want to remove from right to left, it doesn't appear to reproduce the issue. (Triple click/top-to-bottom do trigger it.)

Does the following issue have the same root cause?

Situation:
User A said:
User B said:

Now remove the text in the first quote and then try to remove the now empty quote box itself by pressing the delete key. What actually happens is that you now have a quote box from User A with the text from User B:
User A said:

Does the following issue have the same root cause?
Probably not and it may actually be expected.

For example, try the same behavior with headings. If you have a heading 1 followed by heading 2 and press delete at the end of the first H1 line, the text from below that will come up and into the H1. What you're reporting is essentially the same concept, though trickier due to quote attribution. It's unlikely anything reasonable can be done about that (short of changing quote text to be entirely uneditable, which is definitely not something we want to do).

Top Bottom