Quit smoking

I smoked for years, don't know though.

Though I never say that "I've given up" or "I'm a recovering smoker" or anything like that, it just sense up 1 option, failure. A constant strength of will against the black and white assumption of never ........ or all or nothing.

All I've said is I'm taking a break, it just so happens that break has lasted years and years. If I have a smoke tomorrow after some beers, does that mean I'm an abject failure and the world is ending ? no ........ because I'm just taking a break.

The world isn't black and white, I find it helps not to try and see or view it that way.

Humans are social animals Jerry.

What is the first thing that happens at a party??

Most of the time booze and lighting up, I know I have a hell of a time trying not to smoke while sitting at the bar with a double shot of Dewars on the rocks with a slice of lemon.

Humans are social animals Jerry.

Irrelevant.

What is the first thing that happens at a party??

Most of the time booze and lighting up, I know I have a hell of a time trying not to smoke while sitting at the bar with a double shot of Dewars on the rocks with a slice of lemon.

That is nothing to do with the party, I go to parties all the time and the first thing I do is grab a drink and talk to people. Unless you are aguing against free will on the basis that all your decisions are made by influence of environment. Then it's about choices and will power, not smoking. If you don't want to not smoke, then don't.

LOL, the social aspect of it runs deep.

I say that because when I was young my dad and my uncle had a little game, they would try to smoke the other's cigarettes even when they both had their own pack, for them it was a joke when one would try to pop the pack out of the other's shirt pocket, plus they all worked together in the rubber shops, and all took smoking breaks at the same time.

I want to have a smoke with my buddies when I see them due to the social aspect, you know, sharing the 'good times'.

I want to have a smoke with my buddies when I see them due to the social aspect, you know, sharing the 'good times'.

*cough* *cough* *cough* bullsh_it *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough*
I've read your post and you are plenty entertaining. I think your buddies would be happy to see you regardless of your smoking status. Second hand smoke isn't bad ... you can hang with your smoker buddies still. IT's all good.

You dont want to quit. That's the only reason. And it's a darn fine reason.
Making lame excuses ... well, that's not your style. Small mishap I guess.

I want you to quit so you can be well and keep your thumb on IB.
But that's just selfish of me.
:)

Top Bottom