1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Reply Font Size?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Anthony Parsons, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

What changes the quick reply default font size?

I'm converting a template over for responsive styling, thus having to change font values to em values, and in doing so the quick reply text has become bigger due to a cascading affect somewhere.

2. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

What changes the quick reply default font size?
    Search this in the admin CP "messageText" you can adjust the appearance for all default posts in your forum.

3. Anthony Parsons

I had a sneaky suspicion that was going to be the answer... a cascading issue into the editor. More problem solving...

4. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

On default it is controlled by the body rule: body, body.mceforcecolors. You can override it by using id #tinymce or class mceContentBody on the a body tag instead. It will cause issues with the full editor as well, though.

Jake Bunce and Anthony Parsons like this.
  5. Anthony Parsons

That fixed it. I was looking for the template that controlled this, and overlooked it due to frustration, editor_contents.css.

Thank you Magnus, much appreciated. Now I think I have XF converted over for Part 1 of responsive design, being the entire font setup is now controlled via ems. No more pxs or pts used. All fluid text for maximum effect across all devices.

That editor was driving me nuts, as I had to reset XF's default body font from 13px to 100%, then reset it based on browser 16px into ems. So now regardless which device it hits, it will be standardised based on a completely fluid font set.

Stage one nearly complete.