1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Question

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by SkeletonGamez, Oct 22, 2014.

1. SkeletonGamez

SkeletonGamez New Member

Why is XenForo so expensive?
  2. SkeletonGamez

SkeletonGamez New Member

I can't afford $140
  3. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

You mean why is it so cheap?

I can't even upgrade my license from my previous product for the cost of Xenforo and an extra year of updates.
  4. SkeletonGamez

SkeletonGamez New Member

$140 is expensive for me
  5. SkeletonGamez

SkeletonGamez New Member

6. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

No one said you have to use xF. There are free alternatives but none are as good as xF.
  7. SkeletonGamez

SkeletonGamez New Member

True but XenForo is expensive for me and I tried the demo and it is awesome I wish I could afford it.
  8. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

If it's to expensive then go for a free alternative like myBB, SMF, or phpBB.
    Sami Jalal likes this.
  9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Good idea.

At $20 a month, that should get you 7 months worth of forum for the equivalent cost (less hosting fees), followed by nothing.

Still, at least it's cheaper, right?

euantor, Goodfella, Amaury and 2 others like this.
  10. Sami Jalal

Sami Jalal Well-Known Member

Sorry?! Cheap??? How is that?
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  11. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention that for $20 per month you can only have 25 users online average and 2Gb storage. Best keep that forum small. ;)
  12. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

And don't forget (and pretty sure this is correct) robots count as online users, so that can knock your actual users down even further.
  13. Dakota Storm

Dakota Storm Well-Known Member

Yup, you're correct about that, there have been several discussions on the IPS support site about it if I remember correctly.
  14. SkeletonGamez

SkeletonGamez New Member

25 max ppl
  15. SkeletonGamez

SkeletonGamez New Member

@Brogan, is it possible if I can make monthly payments instead of paying the $140 all at one time?
  16. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no payment plan available.
  17. wedgar

wedgar Well-Known Member

You get what you pay for.
  18. Mag07

Mag07 Member

The fact the one can not afford something, does not make it expensive. Price is a relative value. In most of the Western world, 140USD+VAT is hardly bank breaking for anyone with a job, even if it takes a while to save up. Yes, not all of us are fortunate enough to be in a place where that amount of money is pocket cash, however, there are great open source alternatives.

You obviously would like to be in a position that allows you for a purchase - having a job paid well enough that generates some level of disposable income. Why than, would you want others to work for pennies? ;)
    Dakota Storm likes this.
  19. +DS_DV+

+DS_DV+ Active Member

SImply go to your Parents or if they also cant affor it to your next Bank ... at least in Europe a credit for 150€ is nearly 0% interest.

Than pay your 20 a month ... after a year you have no more payments (like when you buy a car)

its how i did it :p - Sparkasse FTW